Toyota School me on "on board air"

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Well after all these years I still dont have air on my rig, It is going into the shop for a couple months so I figured now is the time. I have always wanted to do OBA but never got around to making it happen. I am adding a ARB to my front axle so I will need it for that but I also want to be able to air up tires etc.

So help me out here, I have seen alot of articles on OBA but never really paid that much attention to them in the past. I want to do this as cheap as possible so I'm not looking for an expensive "kit" I dont want to do a powertank or something similar because being the procrastonater I am at some point I would be on the trail with an empty power tank :D.

So what brand?
York?
where do I find one?
What model?
Bare bones kit?

Any help with links would be awesome!

Lka1988

poor college student
If you're looking for an inexpensive route, you can get one of the famous MasterFlow MF1050 (or SuperFlow MV50, it's the same unit) compressors at Pep Boys for around $70. I'm running a self-maintaining setup with two of those and a 5 gallon Craftsman tank. Works like a charm.

EVCO will be your friend through the entire build process, BTW.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have a pretty big electric compressor. About the size of a battery. I have a dual battery tray. One side has my battery, the other my compressor. My outlet hose goes right into a pressure regulator that has three outputs. The regulator is turned down to about 87 psi for my ARB. So I have the ARB solinoid on one output and an air hose QD on another output. Works great. It takes about 10-15 minutes to air up 35's from 8 to 30 psi.