Scramblers - Lets see 'em

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I did a search and didn't see a thread dedicated to scramblers. I bought mine last fall (2018) and need some motivation - would like to see what is out there.

This scrambler has a ways to go, but I've done a ton in the past year. It currently has a 350 chevy, 700r4, NP208. The axles are out of a 1980ish wagoneer with ARB lockers. Suspension wise its running YJ springs (a bit high on the lift side). The tires are old style 35" MTRs. I almost daily drive it (the tires are horrible in rain or snow).

If you have a scrambler, please post up pics and stats!

IMG_0007.JPG

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My 84. In these pictures it has dana 44s front and rear, 4.0 AW4 and Dana 300. The rear 44 is from an XJ the front is a narrowed chevy 44. Currently undergoing an engine swap. Soon to be LS 5.3, 4L60E, Atlas 3.8 and the front has been swapped to a narrowed 77 F150 Dana 44. Gave up on leaf springs, its sitting on 4 links front and rear.

IMGP5054.jpgIMGP5059.jpg

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Not the best pic but the most recent.
View attachment 124589
Just realized skipped the stat portion.

1981 Scrambler 108" wb
TPI 350
700R4
4spd Atlas 2.7/3.8/10.3something...
Dana 60/14 Bolt 4.56s Detroits
Custom cage and top
Mastercraft Buckets and Rear bench
Hydro assist
Warn 9500 ti
Bobbed, (still using stock tank in stock location)

So my favorite part of this picture isn't really the Jeep or the red rocks. This was my view after spotting a bunch of rigs down a tricky part of Plan B. I had to hike back around the hill to my rig so I could catch up to the group. If you look close you will see my kids playing in the sand with their trucks and shovels. Best part of tailgunning, is having my kids with me and letting them play without worrying about people behind them...

Last edited: