Screwed on EBAY deal ? HELP

bretto

Willytime
Just got my Lincoln 175 MIG welder off of EBAY. The listing was listed as new in original box. So is get this and the box looked a little ragged. It was obvious opened cuz the factory tape was cut. I pull it out and the damn thing is all busted up. The face plate is cracked and the bottom is bulging out. From what it looks like, I'd say it was dropped while it was in the box. It wasn't UPS's fault cuz there was broken pieces that are missing from the box. Also there is a few tips missing. I am still waiting to hear back from this guy but if there is no response from this guy is there any recourse to take? I have his email/phone/address and I payed with Paypal.
Brett

embabe

My own epidemic!
I would recommend trying to contact the seller first. Paypal offers buyer protection, so you can also look into contacting paypal to have them stop the payment or whatever they need to do, but they can help you fix things so that you aren't on the short end of the deal. Good thing you used them though, I have some bad experience in this area... but good luck!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Both EBay & PayPal should be able to help you out, contact them both first. Try to have everything well documented, pics of the busted up welder, link to the sale of the welder on EBay, etc.

Then, let the seller know you're unhappy with the item and that EBay & PayPal have been contacted.

Caleb

yes, file through paypal asap so you dont loose your right to do so, you only have 30 days. I would file through paypal and then let the guy try to make it right, wether he refunds the money or sends you a NEW unit is up to him but get it filed ASAP.

Turbobob

Semper Fi
Like Caleb said, you only have 30 days to make your claim, so waste no time!
I've been in the same boat, but I paid & the guy didn't ship the item. Finally arrived, 6 weeks later :mad2:

harkinoff

something to do...
I had same problem with an E-bay purchase.. Paypal and E-bay are very hard to deal with with. If you used a Visa through Paypay or other credit card, you stand a better chance through them. Go to E-bay fraud department and file a claim though, you can get the dick banned and recieve up to 200.00 fraud damages.. First you will have to file with Paypal before E-bay will talk though.. This process will take a couple months before said and done.. Keeep ALL E-mails!!!!

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
so do you think it was new but missing parts when it was sent? Then droped by the shipper? thats a different boat all together....

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I had something like that happen, but I was on the seller end of it. It wasn't ebay purchase, just a third member I sold to someone in MA. He payed me through paypal, and I shipped un-insured because he said he didn't want it. So usps doesn't have tracking numbers either. He filed a claim with paypal saying he didn't get it, and I had no recourse except a reciept showing I shipped it, and paypal deducted the money out of my account and gave it to him. I begin to wonder if he did get it, and just wanted it for free.

Caleb

Klif01 said:
I had something like that happen, but I was on the seller end of it. It wasn't ebay purchase, just a third member I sold to someone in MA. He payed me through paypal, and I shipped un-insured because he said he didn't want it. So usps doesn't have tracking numbers either. He filed a claim with paypal saying he didn't get it, and I had no recourse except a reciept showing I shipped it, and paypal deducted the money out of my account and gave it to him. I begin to wonder if he did get it, and just wanted it for free.

USPS has tracking numbers, you just have to pay $.45 extra for priority or $.55 for any other service. IF you shipped it without getting a delivery confirmation then that sucks for you.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Supergper said:
USPS has tracking numbers, you just have to pay $.45 extra for priority or $.55 for any other service. IF you shipped it without getting a delivery confirmation then that sucks for you.

Ya, I know, that was my dumb fault and I ended up being screwed. BTW, he hasn't replied to any of my emails after the claims process was initiated. His username in wildyoats and pirate is ERG801 not sure if he's on here. Anyway just make sure to get tracking info if you sell to him.