Searching for my next travel trailer

sixstringsteve

ATC makes a really nice toy hauler. It's not quite cozy enough for living in for me (aluminum floors, aluminum counters with sharp corners, etc), and they have almost zero ground clearance, but they make a really nice product.

In fact, ATC builds Living Vehicle's trailers for them, and they're fantastic. They're also $150k, really heavy, really wide, with almost no ground clearance. But they're fantastic if the road isn't too bumpy.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

This weekend I'll be filming a video of my trailer and how I decked it out for off road and off-grid living. I'm really happy with how it came out. We're able to stay 18 days between filling and dumping tanks, which is longer than the BLM allows anyway. I can run the A/C with no generator for 6 hours. It's a pretty killer setup. Huge shoutout to corban for helping design the electrical system.

iconic.jpg

Bart

Winter is hard on me. I get depressed with 6 months of snow in the mountains. AZ is my favorite state I've visited. I love the desert. It's a lot like Utah, but where I'm moving there is way less traffic, people are better drivers, and strangers are far more friendly. In my experience, people are a lot less passive aggressive here in AZ too. The outdoor recreation opportunities are on par with Utah.

I was in Phoenix the past 2 days and have to say that I agree 100% with this. It was nice to drive on freeways and around town without the aggressive attitude that a lot of Utah drivers have. Pretty kicked back but HOT.

sixstringsteve

Yeah, Phoenix is crazy hot right now. We are at 4500 ft elevation, so we rarely get into the 100s.

Outside of phoenix, the drivers are even more kicked back. In all our travels the most passive aggressive drivers (and people) have been in Seattle. My in laws live there and I hate visiting because of the drivers and just rude strangers. Sad, because it's a gorgeous place.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You were here, and didn’t stop in to say hi? ASS! Just finished up the back yard complete with hookups, all ready for ya. We need to hit Lake Havasu!

I was in Phoenix the past 2 days and have to say that I agree 100% with this. It was nice to drive on freeways and around town without the aggressive attitude that a lot of Utah drivers have. Pretty kicked back but HOT.

Bart

You were here, and didn’t stop in to say hi? ASS! Just finished up the back yard complete with hookups, all ready for ya. We need to hit Lake Havasu!
Hahahaha, Yep, I'm a slacker. Flew in Wednesday at 1:00, meetings until 7:30, flew out Thursday morning. Quick trip. We will definitely be dropping by one of these days.

pELYgroso

'Merica
My wife would love to move to AZ to be closer to family (in Mesa near Phoenix) and she also hates the winter. Are Sedona winters still cold/snowy like Flagstaff? I couldn't stand to live in Phoenix area, but I could probably do Flagstaff, although the winters there are nearly as cold/snowy as Utah....

sixstringsteve

Sedona has a bit less snow than Moab. A lot less than Flagstaff. Prescott is really nice too, but it gets a lot of snow.

I cant do Phoenix either, mainly because it's a huge metropolis.

Sedona has only had a handful of days over 100* this summer. We get snow in the winter, but it's usually melted by the evening, and almost never sticks around on the ground more than a few days to a week.