Seat Concepts

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I’m thinking about getting the Seat Concepts comfort XL for my 20 FE501s if/when they’re back in stock. Just looking for feedback on those that have them. Worth the money or no? I’ve been hearing it both ways. I don’t spend a lot of time sitting but when I get tired I sit more often—which happens a lot at my age lol. Stock seat is hard as a rock. Mostly day rides in the dirt and such.

Thoughts? Thanks,

Andrew

37A7F4AC-60A2-4CEA-8B3E-C520298F3CE4.png

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I've had a Seat Concepts seat on my 2009 KTM 690r. Compared to stock. It was very good. I put perhaps 5k miles on it. Dual sporting requires a lot of sitting stock seats are bad for that.

Yesterday I received my Seat Concepts seat for my Ducati Scrambler. It fits both my red Desert Sled and yellow Classic (standard Scrambler model). The kit for this bike consists of a replacement foam and cover that fits the stock pan $200. I was going to buy it from Seat Concepts themselves but when I called they were 8-12 weeks out. So I was able to find one second hand already mounted on a stock pan for $300 shipped (which I felt was a fair deal since shipping was like $80...)
I'll report on that after I ride it.

(Left to right: Classic seat, Seat Concepts seat, Desert Sled seat)
IMG_20210814_232114.jpg

(Left to right: Classic, Seat Concepts, Desert Sled)
IMG_20210814_232056.jpg

The Desert Sled seat is narrower and much flatter and doesn't have the huge indent in the bottom of the pan for the toolkit. (Which I believe causes discomfort) I've been able to do about 200 miles on it with a break in the middle with only minor discomfort.

The Seat Concepts seat is currently on a Standard seat pan but the foam is shaped much much better than the standard Classic seat. It's flatter in front so you don't slide into the tank and has a curve for your butt like a more traditional cruiser/ road bike.

The Classic seat has a "hump" in the bottom of the pan right were you sit for the toolkit and it's ok until right around 100 miles, then it's unbearable all of the sudden.

IMG_20210814_231556.jpg

My plan is to cut out the "hump" in the Seat Concepts pan with a Dremel and rivet a flat piece of plastic over the hole.

Last edited:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I didn’t want to comment on my Acerbis seat until i had some hours on it. ;

9274C62F-0BDA-440A-B973-458D176900A8.jpeg

You can see my riding partner has the Seat Concepts Comfort. I didn’t have time to wait before our trip, so I ordered the Acerbis X-seat.

Turns out it is not half bad. We’ve ridden 500-ish miles on it so far and I’m happy with it. I’d still go for the Comfort next time.