Seat upgrades

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you were to to upgrade the seats in a semi daily driven Jk, what would you install? I know when it comes to my wife, she would want some type adjustable lumbar support. In our RZR we put a set of PRP with inflatable lumbar support and she likes that. I am willing to spend a few bucks on good seats, but knowing it is hard to actually sit in them before buying them makes choosing a set hard.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I adapted a set of 2012 Mustang seats to my TJ. The driver side had manual controls that included height adjustment. These seats didn’t have adjustable lumbar support but I’m sure your local pick and pull likely has seats that do.

I don’t have the fabrication skills of many on the forum but I was able to get some plate steel cut to size at my local supplier. All I had to do was drill some holes

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I've sat in all the seats at the vendor show at ejs for a few years now. My LJ is getting PRP's one day unless I come across some mastercrafts for cheap.
I was just on the PRP site building a set of Elite Series. Pricey, but since the wife wants them, I think I can justify it. I am going to also look into some JL seats like @Greg mentioned.

DAA

I'm partial to the Mastercraft Baja RS in my LJ. 100,000 miles on them and still in great shape.

But, if the LJ had come with the same seats as Cindy's JL, I probably would have stuck with them instead of buying the Mastercraft. The JL seats are pretty nice and comfy and have decent bolstering.

- DAA

DAA

Forgot to add, I did order adjustable lumbar for the driver side Mastercraft and glad I did. It's just a simple mechanical deal but does increase comfort.

Also, if buying Mastercraft, I ordered the map pocket for the driver side only and wish I'd have got a map pocket on the passenger too. It's a big zippered compartment that holds a ton of stuff easy to get to.

- DAA

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
How are they? I’ve been considering those for my rig since my mastercrafts are falling apart
I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks. The seat brackets have not shown up yet and I am slammed for time to get them installed for a bit. Sitting on the floor they feel good.