Wanted Sell. Me. Your. Jeep.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Looking to buy a Jeep, ostensibly for my teenage drivers, but we all know that’s just an excuse to add a cool rig to the stable. I’m hoping someone here has something interesting they would sell me.

Criteria: Removeable top. Reliable. Classic vibe.
Budget: Targeting $11-16k. Possibly some flexibility based on the value proposition of the vehicle.

I’m mechanically declined, anything that needs fixed will be taken to a shop, so not wanting anything too crazy modified, but I’m flexible on what I would go for if it’s done well and won’t be a headache for me. For reference, been looking at TJ rubicons, around 100k miles in that price range.

Let’s make a deal!

John
8Ol.888.45O6

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Thats way too nice of a jeep for your daughter...
Agreed. I’m ordering an angry eyes grill and 25 Chinese light bars to tone down the awesomeness and keep her humble.

Also, I’ve made it clear to all the kids that these are Dads cars that they occasionally can earn the privilege of driving. One sniff of entitlement and they ride the bus and like it.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Agreed. I’m ordering an angry eyes grill and 25 Chinese light bars to tone down the awesomeness and keep her humble.

Also, I’ve made it clear to all the kids that these are Dads cars that they occasionally can earn the privilege of driving. One sniff of entitlement and they ride the bus and like it.
As the third of seven children in my family I got to see this same thing a few years before I was eligible to test it myself. My sister helped to show me that my parents were serious about it being their car and not hers.

Thankfully that was one of the lessons that I didn't need to test out on my own.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.

Don’t forget to build some sort tray on the dash so they can proudly show off all the ducks they will get.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Also, what's your address again? I'm going to direct ship you(re daughter) some rubber ducks.

Don’t forget to build some sort tray on the dash so they can proudly show off all the ducks they will get.

Yes, thank you. Please send all ducks to:

PO Box 420, Grantsville UT , c/o Hick E. Hicks

Also, if the duck thing turns out to be real, I will start flipping off every Jeep I see on the road until a healthy amount of antipathy is restored to the jeep world. Unless that’s already happening - is that what they call the ‘jeep wave’?