selling Amazon giftcards

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
has anyone successfully done this? i have a stack of them, and i hate dealing with amazon. There are other things i would much rather spend that money on, so i'm looking to sell them or "trade" them for cash value

Caleb

I don't think you'll get cash value out of them. Whenever I've seen this done, it usually has to be done at a discount. Needs to be some kind of benefit to the person buying them otherwise they'd just go direct to Amazon.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My problem with buying gift cards is how do I know the card you say has $100 has $100 on it? How do I know whoever selling it didn't already cash it out and I'm just buying a card with no value? Short of showing up and redeeming as I hand over the cash it gets to be a trust issue.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
My problem with buying gift cards is how do I know the card you say has $100 has $100 on it? How do I know whoever selling it didn't already cash it out and I'm just buying a card with no value? Short of showing up and redeeming as I hand over the cash it gets to be a trust issue.

and thats part of the hesitation. i was hoping there was some website where you can put in some code, and it checks the validity on the back end or something

Caleb

There are sites that broker the sale of gift cards. Again, you don't get full face value though. I would be surprised if those sites didn't have a way to verify the validity of the cards.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I would be willing to buy them at a discount, My wife buys everything off of amazon and I am building a new buggy currently and have ordered a ton off of there.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I think about 60% of value is what I have usually got out of gift card I have sold, after I can prove they are valid.