SEMA

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I saw that Willy’s and thought of you Carl. It’s for sale. Might just save you some time. :D

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well it was a fantastic show. A bit sad though. I walked the entire thing and I don’t think I found a build with worse fab work than what I do. I’m far from sema worthy. I just walked around speachless. Most of the stuff including most of the jeeps was flat out ugly. But I can totally appreciate the work that went into all of them. BIG wheels seemed to be the theme this year. I saw wheels up to 34” in diameter. Just crazy.

C1C54E28-E995-4DB9-B3E6-E588041D8493.jpeg

FBF8F164-7F43-4AD8-BD58-91E5CE13025B.jpeg

68721965-14CD-4E65-9BBE-C9C88B368A5D.jpeg

F8B4D202-49F0-43C7-87A9-B06C14E63F24.jpg

9EE02EAE-3081-4D66-8CC9-AE865077786E.jpg

9AF89599-D663-485C-8E9B-B8EE4C8945D6.jpeg

832699D7-D48F-4990-B8F9-1AA46B269E49.jpeg

These next two were probably my favorite of the show.

70B62358-8D25-4906-BEAD-362E276FA791.jpeg

5D86FB75-509E-4867-9A41-44598855F95F.jpeg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Well it was a fantastic show. A bit sad though. I walked the entire thing and I don’t think I found a build with worse fab work than what I do.

So all the builders were better than you? Or did you say that backward? :p

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Thats funny.

According to my FB feed there isnt a rig there with decent fab, decent driveline angles, or working brakes.

I went 6 years ago. It was cool

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
No. I said that right. Just picture Wayne’s World. “I’m not worthy!” I think I am going to try to see if one of my parts suppliers wants to use the Sunbeam in one of their booths though. That would be amazing to me. Maybe not because it’s so amazing but because it’s so unique.

In reality, the fab work was hit and miss especially with the jeeps. JKs were everywhere. I didn’t see any fab work on them though. Just bolt on parts. I think I only saw one KOH type buggy. I think it’s important to remember that this is the aftermarket association. Bolt on parts make money. Not custom fab.
The huge trucks with the big wheels were everywhere. We saw one driving that had a rag taped around a front axle cv boot. We figured the angles were so bad it tore the boot during the parade. They didn’t want to throw grease over all the chrome so they wrapped it.
I remember a tucker but sure if it’s the one you’re talking about. Upper cool.

D5F96F12-72A4-4F43-B4E6-95950DCA0293.jpeg

As for fab, this body was hand made out of aluminum sheet. Amazing.

Coco

You just need to look closer. I saw some stuff going around Facebook that was downright scary!! You don’t need to be that hard on yourself. As long as you have fun, learn, and create with your hands, and go enjoy your creation, that is all that matters!

On the note of SEMA though, I do really want to go one of these years!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
SEMA is like my Disney Land. I found myself almost running to the next car. My wife was having a hard time keeping up. The girls left us the second day to do some shopping. That made it easier for my brother in law and myself to cover more area. I just can’t say enough about how neat it is. But what’s the point of building a car if you don’t drive it. The vast majority of the builds there will never see the road. That’s sad to me.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I think I had you do my YJ cage years ago. I thought your welding was great.
To me SEMA is overrated. All the upcoming new businesses seem to rush a build to get noticed. Too much bling and not enough function.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
A71B001D-0DDF-47C1-A9FF-3F997E504060.jpeg

There’s some truth to that as well. Lots of unfinished cars there, mostly interiors. This interior, however, was finished and beautiful. I was told they had 1700 hours in it at a cost of $70k. Crazy!

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I would advise anyone going to the show to download the SEMA app. Pick out your must see’s, and base the show on that. I was there for five days ( the first day is setup) and I only saw maybe 50% of it.

It’s undoubtedly the biggest car show in the world. Plan on long lines to get an over priced drink or food, but all in all a must see. Going through it on Tuesday is the best day, less crowded. By Thursday it was horrible. Luckily by Friday I was able to take half a day off and head to Arizona and buy a house.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I would advise anyone going to the show to download the SEMA app. Pick out your must see’s, and base the show on that. I was there for five days ( the first day is setup) and I only saw maybe 50% of it.

It’s undoubtedly the biggest car show in the world. Plan on long lines to get an over priced drink or food, but all in all a must see. Going through it on Tuesday is the best day, less crowded. By Thursday it was horrible. Luckily by Friday I was able to take half a day off and head to Arizona and buy a house.

This!

For me it's an extremely valuable tool. Meet with companies I work with to see new product, meet with new companies to establish relationships and buying. Stop by products I'm interested in and determine if business is warranted. I don't roam the isles rather set an agenda and walk away feeling amazed at how much business is going on :cool:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
That guy came up to me while I was looking at a car. Stuck his mic and camera in my face and started asking a bunch of dumb questions to which I responded with equally dumb answers. He quickly got annoyed that I wasn't playing his game and walked off.