Shaving the 14 bolt

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Well I finally got around to shaving that hug lip off the 14 bolt. This pic is the cage cover that I made some time ago, you can't see it very well but with the hight pinion angle I have the bottom of this cage hangs at least 3/4"-1" below the 14 bolt.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
This is a pic of the front, sorry bad pic but if you know what you are looking at you can see that hug catching zone is gone and ground smooth so I can just slide over the rocks.

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
PS. Yes I did make that Diff Cover. I needed something in the center and I had a Factory Tubular sticker laying around so I put it on.

(couldn't find and cartoon stickers);)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I thought about keeping it but most of the work making one is cutting the outer ring out. So I cut the bars off the old one and reused the outer ring.

Sorry,

Caleb

It was worth a shot:D

I agree and is why I am dredding(sp?) making my own...the outer ring...I just cant justify $100+ for someone to make me one:D:D:D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
It really isn't that hard. If you have a firm hand and like to grind it doen't take long. If you had a P Cutter it would that even less time. The gasket makes a great template.

Caleb

Yeah as I was typing that I remembered my work has a very nice P-cutter that is there for me to use when ever I want...