Shooting at Soldier Pass

rholbrook

What is the rule for shooting around Soldier Pass? I know they have a range out there but there are a ton of people still shooting where ever they want. I was riding out there Saturday and heard a shot go right over my head. It scared the sh!t out of me. I believe it to be a ricochet but it was really close and noisy as it went by. I have never had that happen and had no idea how it sounded but it crazy.

I was a ways away from the range and made sure to stay away from it but I didn't want to go cause a scene with the shooters in the white van with a bunch of little kids. They definitely were shoots a semi auto of large caliber but with a group of five riders on two strokes, they had to of heard us.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
It was sketchy Saturday. I didn’t have any issues but heard shots all day from every where. Not just the range.

And the amount of shot up garbage out there is disturbing

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
From all the maps and everything I was researching, besides the range, you can't legally target shoot anywhere around there until you're a few miles up Soldier Pass Rd and into the hills.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Depends on the area, most of that area is school trust and BLM, those areas are open to recreational shooting other than 2000 acres that was closed to shooting a couple years ago but that area was left open to hunting, but finding a map of that area isnt easy... at one time they had signs up. once you get back in the mountain all areas are open to shooting,