Shop air purification

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Sooooo this is one session with the oxy/acyt torch in my shop....

What are you guys using to keep particulate and smoke to an acceptable level???

I most often wear a respirator grinding, sanding or painting but that doesn't clean the air around me.

IMG_20210305_221123.jpg

(This is just a box fan with a 20"x20" filter taped to it).

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I’m either open-garage door/outside or respirator is all. I would like a purification system but it’s lower on the priority list for now.
My photo is with the man door open even!

I don't want to hurt my lungs. I used to do this crap without a respirator or ear protection when I was like 23. I'm smarter now and want to live to be as old as @jackjoh !

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I don't have anything I use..
But I am always appalled when I change my garage furnace filter. Maybe 20 hrs of use and it is black and thick. Crazy how much it picks up, and it is the corner farthest from the work zones.

J-mobzz

I had one of these at my old house and it was great. Could have used another. Remote control. Can set a timer. Handing out of the way. Really made it simple to hit the 3hr button and forget about it.

shortstraw8

I had one of these at my old house and it was great. Could have used another. Remote control. Can set a timer. Handing out of the way. Really made it simple to hit the 3hr button and forget about it.
How hard was that inner filter to change/clean

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
My photo is with the man door open even!

I don't want to hurt my lungs. I used to do this crap without a respirator or ear protection when I was like 23. I'm smarter now and want to live to be as old as @jackjoh !
I think you will make it. I will be 91 the 22nd of may and just got my drivers license renewed for 5 years. I think going for 100 instead of 95 is my next goal.