short piece of 2" OD round tube

Caleb

I don't care if it's tube, pipe, fence post, etc, I just need the OD to be 2". I need between 2'-3' of this. I bought a stand for my satellite dish for my trailer and the tube it came with is 1 5/8", which is for the old style DirecTV dishes, the new ones are 2". I've checked Home Depot and Lowes, they don't have anything. Anyone have a piece of scrap laying around they'd like to make a couple bucks off of?

Thanks

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have a little piece of 2" .090 DOM, but it's only 15" long. If it'll work for you, it's yours.

Caleb

I've got a chunk of 2" aluminum if that'll work out for ya?

That aluminum would be ideal. Shoot me your address and when you'll be around...oh, and what you want for it. :)

Thanks Carl, I think 15" will be too short, from the middle of the tripod to the top of the tripod (the two points that hold the tube) it's about 18".

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I just tossed my calipers on it, and it's actually only 1.90". If that'll still work for ya, it's all yours. Oh, and it's just old hand railing that I use for cheater pipe so you'll have to cut the boogered up ends off. I'll just grab another piece out of the scrap pile.

Caleb

That will probably work even better. 2" is the exact size of the tripod openings, so there probably would have been no room for the set screw to scew in and clamp on to it...thanks, I'll be by tomorrow.

Caleb

Only if I want to buy the equipment from them...and even then, I don't think they would. This is for a second install in my trailer, normally they want you to pay for the traveling package if you do that...it doesn't provide you anything else. So, since I already had an extra dish, I just bought a few small parts and an extra receiver and I'll have the same thing for the cost of the extra receiver. :)

NYCEGUY01

If you want a normal mount let me know... I can arrange for you to be able to pick it up in SLC.

If you have the 1 5/8 already just take plastic grey conduit 1.5 id from Home Depot and split it up one side. When slid over the 1 5/8 it will fit the dish perfectly... You only need 6" or so...

Ive been with DTV on and off for 15 years or so....

Lots of people do what you are doing and it is not a problem.

Are you using a 36" oval HD dish or a normal 18" ?

If you have any questions shoot me a pm and we can discuss.......

Caleb

If you want a normal mount let me know... I can arrange for you to be able to pick it up in SLC.

If you have the 1 5/8 already just take plastic grey conduit 1.5 id from Home Depot and split it up one side. When slid over the 1 5/8 it will fit the dish perfectly... You only need 6" or so...

Ive been with DTV on and off for 15 years or so....

Lots of people do what you are doing and it is not a problem.

Are you using a 36" oval HD dish or a normal 18" ?

If you have any questions shoot me a pm and we can discuss.......

Good info, doing something like that with the pvc was/is my plan b. If the larger tube won't fit then I'll do that. I'm not sure a normal mount would work...unless they have one that is for the tripod. The normal one that mounts to roofs/houses had a bend in it so the longest section is still only long enough for the dish and a small stub for the mount

I'm using the 36" slimline dish with the SL3-SWM LNB.

NYCEGUY01

The tripod will work better if you leave the 1 5/8 inside it and just sleeve the top 6" for the dish to clamp to.
Just weld a 6" piece of 2" to the smaller one.

Caleb

I've got a chunk of 2" aluminum if that'll work out for ya?

Thanks, if anything is going to work, that piece will. Should be perfect.

The tripod will work better if you leave the 1 5/8 inside it and just sleeve the top 6" for the dish to clamp to.
Just weld a 6" piece of 2" to the smaller one.

Not sure what you're referring to. I bought this tripod. As long as the 2" piece will fit in the tripod, it will work fine.