SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Salt Lake City proper is cuckoo. I can't blame anyone for thinking and reacting the way they do. They're damned either way.

Personally, I think it's dumb and the vague reasoning given doesn't help his case but to each his own.

Hoping someone fails is petty and worse behavior than excluding patrons.

I would never disparage anyone for choosing to continue to wear a mask if that makes them feel more comfortable.

By the same token, I'm completely done with accommodating a public that has had every opportunity to take actions to protect themselves. At this point, the onus is on the individual.

I just wanted to comment, that in no way do I wish for anyone's business to fail. If it fails, it's because they made a decision to upset their customers. Me personally... I have better places to spend my money than the bayou. I'd never pull any punches and give them a bad google review or any of that garbage, I'll just spend my money elsewhere. Free market.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I am going to throw a theory out here :spork:on why you see some of the differences between R & D states on getting back to normal. Right now companies are wanting to get back to normal, but they cannot find employee's willing to give up the unemployment. I know a few restaurant owners who cannot find anybody to work in the kitchen, let alone finding wait staff. When you can make equal money staying at home, why would you go to work and be a productive piece of society.

The longer people are kept at home, the more desperate business owners get. They will end up having to offer more and more money to get people to come to work. I do not think you will see an increase to the national minimum wage but if states can keep people at home it could force the minimum wage up by forcing businesses to pay more to get people to work. It is bad enough in Utah, but it will probably be worse in places like New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada who have a lot of rural population that do not pay as high as the city centers.

The increase in what businesses will have to pay in higher employment will result in higher inflation. Most people look at it as we are only paying employee's more, but we are also paying more payroll taxes, higher unemployment insurance and workers comp, not to mention higher cost of goods.

We are having a hell of a time keeping and finding people for bacon mfg. It is hard work but our continuous pay increases don't seem to be keeping up the past 18 months. Admittedly, we are more behind than market value and it's starting to manifest itself as people can start other places making more than they make here after 2+ years of service. HR in companies like ours are having to work pretty hard to keep our labor staffed

Trate D

Been in Clearwater most of the week and it has been so good!
8C70D06A-B464-47CB-BFD6-43EB24E64182.jpegDisney world on the other hand was the single most I have ever wore a mask ever! But I guess anything for the kids right?

Also unfortunately most businesses down here all have help wanted signs. Some restaurants have signs asking to please be patient cause of short staff issues. That being said most restaurants service has been very good.

Last edited:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
When you say, "By the same token, I'm completely done with accommodating a public that has had every opportunity to take actions to protect themselves. At this point, the onus is on the individual." what exactly do you mean? For example does that mean, someone who doesn't take the vaccine is irresponsible and not protecting themselves?

I don’t really care one way or another if someone gets the vaccine, that’s a personal choice. What I’m saying is, if someone doesn’t want to get the vaccine, they accept the responsibility of possibly getting covid I’m no longer willing to wear a mask for the benefit of people who are still worried about it. If it’s really a concern, get vaccinated. If one isn’t that worried about it, neither am I.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I don’t really care one way or another if someone gets the vaccine, that’s a personal choice. What I’m saying is, if someone doesn’t want to get the vaccine, they accept the responsibility of possibly getting covid I’m no longer willing to wear a mask for the benefit of people who are still worried about it. If it’s really a concern, get vaccinated. If one isn’t that worried about it, neither am I.
Before vaccination got common I wore a mask everywhere just cause. Now I'm willing to wear a mask if the business is posted as masks required and the employees inside are masked. But I don't bother if it isn't posted or the employees aren't bothering.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
The Governor of SC has just released this statement:
"Today I have directed the S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce to terminate South Carolina's participation in all federal, pandemic-related unemployment benefit programs effective June 30th 2021."

I'm sure it's going to be unpopular with some. Personally, I agree.

I heard that MT and FL are doing something similar.