SideKick Question

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I was test driving my friend's kick. I noticed a noise coming what I thing was the T-case. It a whirling noise like gears or something. It this something normal??

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Have him sit with it in neutral if its a stick pull on the emegency gear and listen to him depressing the clutch, if the noise goes away when theclutch is engaged its ok, mines made this weird noise for about 2 years, My brother says its the throwout bearing in the clutch.

SmokinCamel

I noticed when In engaged the clutch It a noise too. My Samurai did the same thing. It might be something in the tranny. I know when I am in netural and have the clutch engaged it will move my samurai. I didn't notice if the kick did it. I guess I'll take a chance with it. Thanks for the input.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
When you have the Clutch pedal DOWN it should go away, mine does if thats the noise your talking about, but sitting in neutral in the driveway no gear engaged you can hear it by pressing and then letting it go, I was concerned about it for about a day or two but then Ive been driving it for two years, Ive nearly forgotten about it.

Hey you need some help on our website :p

Im a webmaster for a few places, could help ya out sometime.

Last edited:

SmokinCamel

my firends said that my samurai had mice and when a metal thinging on my t-case shifted it made a high pitched screetch. Then my mice where pissed. I upgraded my t-case. then I got squirls.

Im still thinkin about the kick.