Sidewinder...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Greg just posted the clean up at 5 mile and mentioned a trail called sidewinder. Never heard of it....

Info?

RockChucker

The trail starts at basically the end of rattlesnake and weaves its way up the hill off the dirt road that goes straight up. This hand drawn squiggle likely isn’t the exact trail, but you get the idea and where the name came from. At the top of the hill it drops down a steep road with ledges that is actually really fun to go up (and what the majority of people think is the actual trail. Really they are just doing the exit road). The main trail is full of huge ledges and “waterfalls” as it weaves its way up the hill.
5E3EDF6A-59FF-457F-91D2-289E6409A7C3.jpeg
I’ve only ridden passenger on it once, but would like to get my Jeep on it when I get it finished up.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ran it last summer as part of a clean up effort and it was actually run backwards of what you are showing.

I expected to run what you show, but we ran it in reverse and had a good time.

As always lots of bypasses for the Sxs crowd. 🙄

Pile of parts

Ran it last summer as part of a clean up effort and it was actually run backwards of what you are showing.

I expected to run what you show, but we ran it in reverse and had a good time.

As always lots of bypasses for the Sxs crowd. 🙄
I ran it last fall, in the direction shown, but want to go back and run it in reverse. I think it would be more fun. You could still climb the ledges at the top even if you ran it in reverse. You'd just have navigate the top portion a little differently. I'll see if I can make the clean up party and maybe get a chance to do it.

xjtony

I've always run it from the bottom up, then over to meet up with Wayne's World. It's been several years since I've run the trail so I'm interested to see how it's evolved. At one point the trail was fairly tight with no or almost no bypasses. It had been opened up quite a bit the last time I ran it.