General Tech Simple wiring kit for Taurus fan?

Hickey

The Dark One
Supporting Member
Is your fear of automotive electrical what's keeping you from wanting it on a thermostat? I used to have my taurus fan on a manual switch (off, high, low) . Always had to remember to turn it on and switch to high when needed. I finally put it on a thermostat and couldn't be happier. I still carry the switch, just in case I need a manual trail fix. It should be mentioned that my electrical knowledge is minimal at best but there is some good info out there that simplified the process. I'd be happy to talk to you about what I did. Basically this...

No, I just want it as simple and reliable as possible. Eliminating the thermostat just simplifies it.

Hickey

The Dark One
Supporting Member
I eventually want to rewire the entire Jeep. The last owners did a few mods that I'm not proud of. I'd like to get the wiring stripped down to only the absolutely necessary circuits.

43AA5729-2C0C-4C38-B78E-C468E1CBF17F.jpeg
33A3A07E-E3C0-42C1-A631-A60A778E600E.jpeg

I've already repaired a couple wiring issues, but I keep finding more.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I eventually want to rewire the entire Jeep. The last owners did a few mods that I'm not proud of. I'd like to get the wiring stripped down to only the absolutely necessary circuits.

View attachment 134042
View attachment 134043

I've already repaired a couple wiring issues, but I keep finding more.
Damn. And some people though the protests yesterday were bad. This is downright terrorism.

Hickey

The Dark One
Supporting Member
Damn. And some people though the protests yesterday were bad. This is downright terrorism.
From what I can tell, they must have had a problem with the heater/blower and just started snipping wires. When I get some time I will go through it with the Haynes manual and label each wire that needs to stay, and completely remove the ones that aren't getting used. I'll also pull out the entire heater/blower assembly and just replace it with a Mojave heater from Summit. I really only need something to plug our Lava Jackets into.

Agility Customs

Supporting Vendor!
Supporting Vendor
From what I can tell, they must have had a problem with the heater/blower and just started snipping wires. When I get some time I will go through it with the Haynes manual and label each wire that needs to stay, and completely remove the ones that aren't getting used. I'll also pull out the entire heater/blower assembly and just replace it with a Mojave heater from Summit. I really only need something to plug our Lava Jackets into.
If a CJ isnt about to burn to the ground in an electrical fire, is it really even a CJ?