Skydiving?

Jesser04

Anyone on here a regular skydiver? My wife has been talking about it for a while now and I think I’m gonna get her a gift card for Christmas. Is there anywhere you guys recommend? We live in kaysville but are willing to drive.

Homefryy

Anyone on here a regular skydiver? My wife has been talking about it for a while now and I think I’m gonna get her a gift card for Christmas. Is there anywhere you guys recommend? We live in kaysville but are willing to drive.

My wife and I went this summer in Moab and it was awesome. The people there were great and I don't think you can find better views for it. I struggled between focusing on the experience of falling and wanting to just look at everything that you could see. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I did it in Moab...was able to find a groupon, and when I called to ask the company about it, they offered to give us the groupon price without the groupon because it let them not give groupon a cut. It was cool, but I was dead on the heaviest they would allow as tandem (200lbs) and I could tell the dude wasn't happy with me hanging from him lol. Then, as we twirled down on the chute, I started to get motion sickness really bad (which never happens for me). I don't know that I'd do it again, but I don't regret doing it.

LJTim

I did it about 12 years ago as part of my dad's 60th birthday. I absolutely loved it! One issue he had was the harness pulling on him so hard that it hurt him for weeks. It's tougher on heavier dudes as already mentioned. We used Tooele. Great experience, but like I said it was a long time ago. Probably a whole new crew. The one funny thing about jumping with them; the plane we used to get to our jump elevation was the biggest piece of crap, you wanted to jump from it for your own safety. Good tactic looking back.

Tonkaman

Skydiving is the best!

Tooele is close and a good group of guys. Jumping somewhere scenic is definitely worth the drive though.

I’m getting a bit too heavy to jump these days. Everywhere has different weight limits so check before you commit to a location

KevinM

The crew at skydive Ogden will take good care of you. My wife and daughter have both jumped there. Wherever you decide, get the video package, the look on their faces as they go out the door is worth it.

Homefryy

The crew at skydive Ogden will take good care of you. My wife and daughter have both jumped there. Wherever you decide, get the video package, the look on their faces as they go out the door is worth it.

I agree on the video. My wife and I both paid for a videographer to jump with us. At first I thought the cost was excessive but it was totally worth it.

Toad

We did Moab a few years ago. It was a blast. As stated in a earlier post the views were fantastic. Honestly that would be one of my biggest recommendations for a skydiving trip. Do it somewhere were you like the views. Not Ogden.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I've done it twice now and want to do it again with my wife. She wants to go BAD. Both times were at Skydive Las Vegas. Excellent place! Highly recommend it.

Myself and my 3 brothers got groupon tickets for Moab. We showed up at our scheduled time and the guy completely freaked out on us! Said he would only honor 1 person at that price. One of my brothers almost got in a fight with the guy. It was horrible. Total nightmare. We walked out of there without jumping. Total downer moment of our Boys Trip. Will not be going back there again.

Tebbsjeep

I went with my brothers as part of my bachelor party. We went out of Ogden because we knew a guy(family friend). It was hands down the most fun thing I've ever done. That was two years ago. I want to get to the point that I can solo jump, but life has gotten in the way. While it was a blast, the next time I go, it will be somewhere more scenic than Ogden.