Skyetone's 85 x-cab toyota

Skye Jerolamon .....Salt lake city

Make, Model, and Year of Vehicle- 85 toyota x-cab frame and cab. With varios years drivetrain

Engine- I run the stock 22r motor for now, but have a D.O.A. head to reput on a rebuilt block someday soon I hope.

Transmission- The stock 5 speed is the tranz of choise

T-Case- I have the ultimate marlin crawler setup. 4.7 in one case and 2.27 in the other.

Axles- I run stock front toyota truck axle in the front with 5.29's. Detroit is the locker and longfeilds in the knuckles. The rear is an IFS version of the toy axle with 5.29's and detroits

Suspension- I run all pro 5inch springs with a cj buggie in the rear. The buggie gives me 5 inches more drop.It is u-bolted to the frame. In front I run a drop hanger and waggy springs in the front.

Tires and Wheels- I run 36 inch swamper tsl radials on 10 wide aluminum rims. I have a set of 40-17-15 gumbo monster mudders I ran a few times but they suck for traction. So I don't think I'll run them anymore.

Winch- :( No winch yet... They're pricey LOL

Favorite Trails- I like to go wheeling up in the mountain areas, with tree's and dirt and rocks and water. My rig is one I have to usually drive to the trail and drive home. so places close are fun. I don't get to wheel near enough.

Other- The basics of my rig....I got the truck as a frame with no front spring hangers and a cab, after I totaled my locked IFS truck. Took the drivetrain out of my IFS rig and swapped it into the new 85 frame. Wiring and all. I built My crossover steering and drop hanger and all the mounts for suspention. My booger welds have held up to most of that. I got a 2inch motor lift setup off POR and put it under my motor mounts. Since I have a 2inch body lift I was able to design a FROR style tranny lift and low profile cross member. I almost have a flat frame under the belly. But there was no t-case protection. So I built a low profile trans, t-case skid out of 3/16x3 steel. Still have a low profile belly with all the protection I could ever want. I designed all my bumpers, sliders, traction bar, tire carrier, and soon tube bed. Some are pipe and on the front bumper the main stringers are 1.5 dom, and the horizontals are pipe. I built a front "exo cage" out of pipe that runs under the fenders to the sliders and front bumper. With a stringer that runs in the windshield cowl to stay hidden. I have a rockstomper cage in the convertible cab. Bent and modified to my desire. I have my 1990 celica seats tied into the cage in case life ever gets that ugly, my 2 point RCI lap belts will hopefully do there job.
I figure it isn't the best looking rig in the world.But I can truely say I have built this thing to MY specs. I take great pride in this. I am a j-yard hound for parts and proud to be. I can't afford the best, but will keep up with the rest.

Last edited: