Skyjacker statement about Ranch

Nixter

on the road again...
Anyone seen this over on P4x4?

Here's the link: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186299

Here's a small portion....

I want to address the concern I have heard regarding the amount of money paid out to winners in 2003", said Lonnie McCurry Sr. "Some people may have not have considered the fact that 2003 was the first year that RCAA ran 2 classes. I believe the creation of the two classes was a good decision and I have not heard any complaints about it from anyone. So, with the division of classes comes the division of the monies. In 2002, RCAA's purse was divided among 3 overall winners. In 2003, the purse was divided among 6 overall winners. It is basic math. RCAA is a business with a specific amount of cash collected from sponsors, registration fees and admission fees. I regret that expectations of a few competitors regarding purse were unmet. And I advise those individuals to contact Ranch Pratt personally to address their concerns."

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
when you run a flailing organization....and nobody wants to run in it....you don't have any cash....you didn't hear any complaints from the UROC winners....it stands to reason that RCAA doesn't have the cash to pay out....with "tiny" getting 700$ for his troubles at the finals and 5k$ for the season...give me a break.

Now we have the author of a lame duck organization at the head of our cutting edge organization....what the hell were they thinking?

POO

Last edited:

CRAZYCJ8

where is the money?

I would love to see the day when we could make a living at rockkrawling, however that may not be the case for some time.So if the pay out is not going to be there, then maybe we need to get back to basics when drivers competed against drivers vs bigger pocketbooks. The pay out would not be as critical if most did not have 2 mortgages on their homes in order to compete. The classes are a great step to equality. keep your day jobs