SLC Trib......

Brett

Meat-Hippy
http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_8226909

Tit for tat
Article Last Updated: 02/10/2008 11:43:12 PM MST

Congressman Maurice Hinchey, D-New York, is being pushed by the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance to lock away 9 million acres in Utah as wilderness. Hinchey's bill, H.R. 1919, proposes to designate lands as wilderness in the following areas: Great Basin, Zion and Mojave Desert, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Moab-La Sal canyons, Henry Mountains, Glen Canyon, San Juan-Anasazi, Canyon Lands Basin, San Rafael Swell, and Book Cliffs and Uinta Basin.
Instead, I propose Bill 2020: That any congressman who proposes to allocate lands into wilderness that is located in a state other than his own, said legislator must also propose an equal amount of acreage from his own state to be set aside as wilderness.
Our Utah congressmen should form a cohesive group and push this bill forward ahead of Hinchey's bill.

Paul Young
St. George

The standard bashing has already begun by the greens. Lets try to be civil and maybe give some good feedback.

Seth

These go to 11
It is just sad that one cannot have a civilized conversation on the trib. The name calling is intimidate and there is no attempt to understand the other side. Just makes me sad.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
It is just sad that one cannot have a civilized conversation on the trib. The name calling is intimidate and there is no attempt to understand the other side. Just makes me sad.

Very true...and that's how it is going on there now. I have a different view point, so of course I'm evil and must be attacked.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I was reading that on the trib... recognized your hippiness almost immediately. Everytime one of these comes up, I'm blown away by the attacks fromt he green crowd. Obviously its easy to put up a tough front from behind a keyboard, but seriously... its become almost like we are aguing the finer points of a religion.
The other thing I love is how it always turns political. Like every person who owns an SUV or OHV can be NOTHING other than a card carrying republican, hannity listener, and George bush lover. I know damn well there are several members here who don't fit that mold. In reading the responces to that article, I think I may have recognized the true evil of the internet. It allows every moron in the world to share their opinion with EVERYONE, rather than just the people who would listen to them. I know I could "NOT CLICK", but it has become impossible to do anything without readings comments from some nobody who seems to think that everyone who dosn't think exactly the same as them is somehow flawed, wrong and not worthy of having an opinion.

I give up on the trib.

offroaddave

It's just one term!
Brett. You make wonderful points, but on the population thingy, you should do some research. We are as Americans actually running out of people.
I suggest reading America Alone by Mark Steyn. Yea he's a consevative, but prints facts. Plus it's a damn good book. :p

Keep fighting the good fight.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I left my two cents. I was a bit pissed off after reading all of the garbage before it.

Thanks for being a steady hand on the helm Brett.

Jared