Sm465 advice

Bennj512

Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right sub so if not please move accordingly please moderator. So I picked up a k5 a couple months back as a project trail rig. After doing a couple Knick knack things to get it road worthy I was able to take it out last weekend. While it ran and drove good I noticed that when it is in neutral and the clutch is disengaged I am hearing a slight knocking coming from up near the bell housing. Weird thing is that it does not do it all the time, also can get it to stop by engaging and disengaging the clutch a few times usually which leads me to believe it may be clutch related. Maybe release bearing or input bearing? I pulled off the little plate that allows you to somewhat see in there and everything seemed ok. Thinking my next step is to pull the transmission and see how it looks. That being said I figure if the problem is not obvious or ends up being something internal I was wondering if you guys could recommend me to a good transmission shop in the area. I live in Layton but am not opposed to driving for a reputable shop. Thanks I’m advance for the plethora of input and suggestions! I have a video clip but am not tech savvy enough to figure out how to attach it.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
My total wild guess is that it is something input bearing related as you stated.

These always turn into "while I'm in there" exponential growth projects for me.