Central Utah Small Lake to camp at? Trip Plan help

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We are going to go out for a few days in the next couple weeks hopefully. MY wife really wants to find water for her new kayak. We cannot decide on a good spot. I was going to go to southern Utah/powell area.. But have decided I don't want to spend that much time in the truck. Skyline Dr sounds appealing with the small lakes up there.. But my wife has also said she doesn't want cold weather, which I imagine in the case up high now.

Any thoughts on a good spot? Vernon Res?

Anyone want to join us?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
You could go to Petes Hole near Joes Valley Reservoir. I went there a few years ago and it was nice up there. I'm not sure how cool it would be though.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Skyline is cold in the mornings/evenings already. Pete's hole will be similar. I'd look at lakes in the valleys if you want to stay away from too much cold. Vernon Res or Grantsville Res, depending on how much water is left. Most of the water down this way is gone already.

D

Deleted member 12904

We are going to go out for a few days in the next couple weeks hopefully. MY wife really wants to find water for her new kayak. We cannot decide on a good spot. I was going to go to southern Utah/powell area.. But have decided I don't want to spend that much time in the truck. Skyline Dr sounds appealing with the small lakes up there.. But my wife has also said she doesn't want cold weather, which I imagine in the case up high now.

Any thoughts on a good spot? Vernon Res?

Anyone want to join us?

I'd be down to meet up at Vernon res to camp with the family. I could run down tomorrow after work to see if there is any water left

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I'd be down to meet up at Vernon res to camp with the family. I could run down tomorrow after work to see if there is any water left

It would be fun to have you. I was thinking about driving to check also.. But you are much closer ;)

Edit: google says you are only 20 min closer..