For Sale - Firm Price Smittybilt Roof top tent

SnwMnkys

I've got a brand new Smittybilt roof top tent. Was planning on using it but ended up getting a good deal on Yakima tent. It has a puncture in the bottom of one of the panels, but doesn't effect it's functionality. The panel is a soft fiber or plastic material. I was going to replace it with an aluminum skin like the higher end tents use. I've got a 4'x10' sheet of white skinned aluminum I will include. It's enough to replace both sides.

Im in Orem, but the tent is located in Kearns at my girlfriends house. She can show it to you most any evening if you're interested.

$700

20171028_104204.jpg
20171028_104353.jpg

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Not having a high level of familiarity with these, can you tell me what would be involved in replacing the damaged piece with the aluminum?

Thanks

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The edging and frame are riveted together. You’ll have to drill or cut the rivers out and pull the edges off. It’s not very difficult if you are familiar with tools. I would expect a couple hours from start to finish. When I did mine, I had to remove the tent from the base also.

SnwMnkys

Not having a high level of familiarity with these, can you tell me what would be involved in replacing the damaged piece with the aluminum?

Thanks

Jeeper is correct. Once you see it first hand you realize how easily it is constructed. Should be an easy fix. Easier if you want to just cut the sheet metal to cover the panel instead of replace the panel. I even contemplated no fixing it and just using it as is. If you want me to bring it down closer to you sometime so you can check it out let me know.

SnwMnkys

I would have been all over this three months ago. Instead I spent way more on a tepui.

I picked up a Yakima RTT at the REI garage sale last Saturday for a killer deal, or I wouldnt be selling this one. Then I got the Yakima home and found out it didnt have the rain fly. My "killer" deal shifted to a "good" deal after pricing the replacement parts out.

SnwMnkys

Heres a picture of the bottom side of the Yakima tent. Pretty much constructed the exact same way, just with better materials. Aluminum angle stock is used around the perimeter, held on by rivets. Pop those off, replace the panel, and reinstall the aluminum.

20171028_103227_1509420634953_resized.jpg