Snakes Trip Report Feb 26

Clayne_b

I had a good time... good to get out and meet new people. it was snowing so didnt take many pic, here are a few.

e0353d70.jpg

c31bed4f.jpg

my girl having a blast....
4b26a6d0.jpg

My boy just chillin, he was good the whole time! I think ive got 2 of the best jeeping buddys ever!!!
a1005c7b.jpg

Aaron blew his tire out on this one. we fixed it and moved on. all in all it was alot of fun cant wait to go out again!!!
c0fca579.jpg

this is after we fixed his tire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR55SLF46D4

Last edited:

ricsrx

7:30 at chevron or 7 at chevron,

I got delayed to day and Steve hit me up about tonight, Im leaving at 6:30
Rick

Clayne_b

its going to be ICY, i live near the cheveron, can see it from my house, and my street in my neighbor hood is a skating rink... I want to go........ but i dont think its going to happen, the wife thinks she wants me to go to a party with her.
Have fun and be safe:D

airmanwilliams

here are some photos myself and a guy named zack took up there. It was a blast going out wheelin for my first time and in my samurai although it didnt like the ice much. Thanks to all the guys that put up with me holding them up and for those that helped pull me in some places. lol and to the guy that rolled his 4runner that was a neat experience to help roll it back over.

http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac248/bwilliams1985/5mile%2026feb2011/

airmanwilliams

His buddy in a jeep was just up the hill and he was going up to check on him and then was backing up and backed into this little ditch area and flipped kind of caught us all by suprise I think where he rolled it. guy seemed cool too I would have been pissed and cussing all over the place if it happened to me. luckily it sounded like he had buddies there that could fix him up pretty good with body work.

mike20

A.T.R Offroad
The cj came prepared and had tire chains so he went everywhere with no problem, brandon and his sami didn't have to power to get the wheels spinning nor the weight to get some traction

sixstringsteve

that's funny, we went at night and only had one spot with traction problems (going down the steep spot on the fire road back). THe trail wasn't icy or slippery at all for us.

nrspence

that's funny, we went at night and only had one spot with traction problems (going down the steep spot on the fire road back). THe trail wasn't icy or slippery at all for us.

Ya the slide down the hill was wild!, but the trail was not bad even with my A/T tires.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

I am curious why your sami didn't do that well yesterday. What was up?

well I forgot to put my redrilled sidekick flange back on my front diff since the samurai one that put on in order to attach the driveline was loose so the front didnt turn as well and hopefully I didnt screw it up too bad. Also this was my VERY FIRST time out wheeling EVER and so the inexperience didnt help either. I also followed alittle close to some guys so I would stop instead of getting some speed to some of the obstacles.

Dispite getting on ice alot there were some great guys out there to help me and I appreciate all the help with pointers and pulling me out guys.