Northern Utah Snow Bashing trip?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I hear Northern UT got a lot of snow out of this last storm... so when is the next snow bashing trip?! Try for Black Rock Canyon again, next weekend?

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I hear Northern UT got a lot of snow out of this last storm... so when is the next snow bashing trip?! Try for Black Rock Canyon again, next weekend?

I got zero snow out at my house from the last storm, it all stayed on the front side of Saratoga. Not 100% sure on if Black Rock got any or not, but if it's at higher elevation then it probably did.

Greg

Admin
I got zero snow out at my house from the last storm, it all stayed on the front side of Saratoga. Not 100% sure on if Black Rock got any or not, but if it's at higher elevation then it probably did.

Strange how that works, this last storm seems to have been pretty picky with where it dumped snow.

I had good snow to play in out in the Deep Creeks this weekend. Went as far as I could up about six different canyons. Slid off the trail coming back down Arts canyon and had to winch back up to it a few times. Put about a hundred miles in 4wd for the day.

- DAA

Sounds like a hell of a good time, Dave! Good to know about the conditions out there!

5 Mile Pass got about 8" this weekend

That's not bad, I would imagine the top of Black Rock Canyon probably has 12" or more. That could be a good time!

Greg

Admin
I'm trying to make it up to UT County for the weekend, but my JK is apart for upgrades and I'm not sure I'll have it back together in time.

Someone want to lead a weekend snow bashing trip?

RogueJeepr

Here!
Meeting place is ::; Redwood rd/lehi Chevron

Time/date::::; this Saturday, 8:30 am.

Run Whatcha brung but would advise a tow strap for every vehicle.
Those with winches will be staggered in between.

Be there OR be square.

Attachments

• IMG_20171230_231144.jpg
    IMG_20171230_231144.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 7

Homefryy

Assuming I can acquire and install a hitch and front tow hooks by Saturday morning is an XJ on 3.5" lift with 235/75R15 (29") all terrain tires and a Spartan auto-locker in the rear suitable for this run?
Would it be foolish to do this without a full size spare?
Any suggestions on a local place to get a D Ring mount for a 2" receiver?

Greg

Admin
Assuming I can acquire and install a hitch and front tow hooks by Saturday morning is an XJ on 3.5" lift with 235/75R15 (29") all terrain tires and a Spartan auto-locker in the rear suitable for this run?
Would it be foolish to do this without a full size spare?

I think you'd be fine, the locker will help. With others breaking trail ahead, you'd just be running in the others tire tracks.

Kevin B.

Big hippy

Off the top of my head, 4Wheelparts or Low Range Offroad down in Orem will definitely have one. I'd rather give my money to Cruiser Outfitters or Midnight 4x4, but probably give them a call first to see if they have one?

Homefryy

Off the top of my head, 4Wheelparts or Low Range Offroad down in Orem will definitely have one. I'd rather give my money to Cruiser Outfitters or Midnight 4x4, but probably give them a call first to see if they have one?

Thanks. I'll check out Midnight 4x4. They are about 3 minutes from my house.

WILDHAIR225

I'm thinking about it if I can get my Suburban back together. Would it do alright? It's on 37's but running open diffs still.