Snowboarding / skiing

Badger

I am the Brute squad
As the title says it's time to start playing in the snow again. Putting out a feeler for anybody who boards or skis. I usually go during the week with a friend, the only problem is I have a new job that gives me the weekends off instead of week days so I can no longer hang with him like i used to. I need to find somebody else that goes and can go on the weekends. I have already got one day under my belt over at Snowbird and would love to go again this weekend to check out some new gear. Anybody else wanting to hit the slopes this weekend or any weekend coming up?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I used to ski a lot but things have slowed down with responsibilities, hoping to get up more this season. But at the moment I am more concerned with a storm to clear the air than with skiing, this crap is depressing!

jdub

Scrambler
I am always game. When I'm off work. Heh.
PM me next time you are thinking of the Bird or Canyons.
I snowboard for what that's worth.

sixstringsteve

biggest factor for me is lack of funds. It's just too expensive so I picked up other hobbies. I used to go twice a week. I LOVE getting up on the mountain. I wish i lived in CO where the passes are $400 and they're good at 4 resorts, and come with a 10-pack to breck. That'd be awesome.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I know what you mean 3 season ago I was going 3 to 4 times a week...though having a season pass to Park City helped. Two seasons ago I completely missed the season due to being broke and almost homeless. Last season I was going atleast once a week thanks to having a friend that worked at Snowbird and got me on the mountain for 1/3 the price of a normal ticket. This season I'm hoping to make it atleast once a week as well though the snow is looking thin so far. As I said hopefully it starts dumping soon.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
It might be fun to try to set up a RME day..........AFTER we get some real snow of course.

I used to be 150+ days a year. Now Im lucky to get out a couple times.

Cascadia

Undecided
I know Sundance isn't a big resort but my wife and I get season passes there every year. We try and go 3 times per week. It's close and never packed. This year I'll be alone though cause our baby is due in less than 3 weeks. So I'll probably be going with John(jdub). We see him up there quite a bit.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i've had a season pass to the canyons since they opened, except this year... on a positive note it looks like this is the worst snow season, ever! 53" of snow this season and a 21" base? even if all 53" would've stuck that is still a crappy base. i'm hoping we get a bunch of snow and i'm just going to check out different resorts and go where the deals are. i'm also going to do some boardin' in seattle over Christmas. hopefully we'll make it on a mammoth and/or lake tahoe trip like last year as well. it's either that or somewhere tropical haha

Venture13

I am down for anywhere if I have the time free. I am kind of a jerk, don't like waiting.. lol Been riding for 21 yrs, got a few decks. Lots of back country, got the beacon, etc.. Down for pipe and park as well. Usually ride Snobasin, Bird, Park city, Powder, and sundance cause it's free. Oh, I have been recently doing some splitboarding as well, sweet deal.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
biggest factor for me is lack of funds. It's just too expensive so I picked up other hobbies. I used to go twice a week. I LOVE getting up on the mountain. I wish i lived in CO where the passes are $400 and they're good at 4 resorts, and come with a 10-pack to breck. That'd be awesome.

Not sure if they changed it since I had this pass for 4 or 5 seasons, but it was unlimited skiing at Arapahoe Basin, Keystone, and Breckenridge, with 10 day passes for Vail/Beaver Creek. Part of why it was so cheap was because of the distance from major population areas, but they made up for this in lodging and food. The base villages there are superior to anything in Utah as well because they have a lot more overnight guests than our Utah resorts, although PC comes somewhat close with their village. I get to ski at about 80% of resorts in the country for half the daily rate, I'm just praying for snow so I can go where it's best.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I try to get up once a week...usually ride Solitude or the Canyons since I can get free passes. This will be my 20th season.

Sawtooth

Hagisch

You should go to CO and spend half your day getting to the resort.More snow for us.I'm live at the mouth of B&L CW's at ski all 4 often.Don't let a true Utah local skier hear you say something like that!UTAH,the greatest everything