So I got a V12 BMW. Fools errand or Awesome

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Here are a couple pictures of the beast. I figured out yesterday I have a dead fuel pump. This car has two. So it's hard to figure out why the engine doesn't run very good sometimes. Lol. Have the engine is getting gas and the other half isn't.

I want to lower it about an inch to an inch and a half.

38af382660069a19488ec8158e6838fa.jpg

eaeab74809a5d46f780f2acb1d06405b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bart

You are a brave man, and it sounds like a fun project. I hope you can get it running right with minimal $$. I always loved the looks of these cars but was scared to death of the maintenance.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I got it running yesterday with two new fuel pumps. Runs great. No weird noises.

Unfortunately the center bearing on the driveshaft is toast. So I'll order a new one. $20. And it'll be all good to go.

It's pretty damn fast. I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Don't worry, they still are $1200 at the stealership.

There is a guy in Japan that makes some high performance units. They cost $189 for all 12 cylinders. Unfortunately I didn't know about that until mine had arrived. I guess if i keep it long enough to worry about that again, I'll buy his.

Everything else has been pretty cheap (relatively compared to other such cars of this era).

They were $1200 in 1980s at the stealership.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Having several BMW's myself I fully support this post.
I sold a car that looks JUST like that to a guy in Tooele for stupid cheap.
Good luck getting it going. Those V12's are super cool!

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I have the bottom side of the car ripped apart. The center bearing in the driveshaft is dead. The cats were also completely plugged. So those got knocked out.

Just waiting on some new transmission mounts to show up, then I'll take it for a spin.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Makes me happy to see you saving this car. Looking forward to some driver's with s fellow old German car owner.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I bought a 1991 750il the other day for $300. I needed the doors, hood, and some other miscellaneous parts from it. It came with the engine and transmission as well. All in running condition.

I sold the engine and transmission for $750.

I was swapping the doors today. They are about twice as heavy as mine. I rolled down the windows and it has "Bulletproof" windows.

ac1ddd03deba7394117f8dafaa52a427.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zukgod1

Senior crawler
That's actually called the Protection Package.
They aren't Bullet Proof but shatter proof.
.22 will go right through them.

None the less, cool find.
They are much quieter than regular glass being that thick.

In your travels should you find another 750, I need a couple lower dash parts.
Specifically the knee bolster under the steering wheel.
Let me know if you see one, GREATLY appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk