so I just got a new toy!!!

Caleb

link

I must say, this thing is awesome. Anyone that is tight on space, or just wants a super clean setup this is your thing. It will be replacing my old desktop as soon as files are transfered :D

Caleb

Tacoma said:
woah! that IS cool.... maybe I should go Mac.

the only reason I haven't gone sooner was I could never justify $2K for a computer...but now there was no longer a good excuse for me...they just released today (officially) :D

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Herzog said:
Oh man... we lost another pc user. Sad day. :(

DAMNIT!!! :mad: Stupid Macs, they are more about the design then the quality. Always buy somthing if it looks cool -_-

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I haven't switched yet.... too used to Windows... Macs screw me up when I have to use them...

would be nice if someone did the same to PCs... they're still stuck in the IBM corporate mode of "styling".

until then, function before fashion. I AM getting a flippin' iPod though, that's just too good a tool to pass up. :eek:

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
Actually macs are designed alot better than PC's. The reason they run slower processors is because the programming algorithms are designed so much better they can process just as fast as PC's with the faster processors. Ask any mac user how many times he's had to cold boot his computer and they'll laugh at you. I've made up my mind that my next desktop will be a mac.

Caleb

Barbie said:
DAMNIT!!! :mad: Stupid Macs, they are more about the design then the quality. Always buy somthing if it looks cool -_-

I dont think I would say that...I have yet to see a super computer be built out of a normal desktop PC...;) the design plus is just an added bonus

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
well it will be a neverending debate, Just like Ford and Dodge, Religion and Politics ect. Thank god for "Choices"
:cool: :D

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Supergper said:
I have yet to see a super computer be built out of a normal desktop PC...;)
You need to get out more ;)
(alright so it has a fancy chasis and is in a rack)
lightningresized22gi.jpg

Caleb

Spork said:
You need to get out more ;)
(alright so it has a fancy chasis and is in a rack)
lightningresized22gi.jpg

so I can go down to (pick your store) and buy that off the shelf...I didn't think so...;)

the other thing that funny about that pic is, notice what system they are using...yep Linux :D

the main diff between PC and Mac is the OS, and macs are now based on Unix, and ANY admin that has dealt with both and knows both will tell ya how much better just about any *nix system is than windows based :D

FWIW, yes there is a super computer made up of off the shelf G5s ;)

http://www.apple.com/hardware/video/virginiatech/virginiatech_480.html

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
can you get that for $500? heheh

I'm going to try and switch to Linux this spring, lot to learn and think about to get off the ground running.