Jeep So... I just put down a deposit- The Britney rebuild thread.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So what's the current drivetrain, suspension, tire size, etc...for those that don't know.
You mean the twin stick Dana 30? 😆

Motor - Ford 289 4V that I rebuilt and was bored over 030 and I stabbed an Edelbrock RV cam in it. It has a Q-jet carb mounted backwards (Rick Pewe is a God)

Trans - Ford C5 (same as a C4 but with and electronic converter lockup) which he just had rebuilt.

T-case - Dana300 stock with two pair of twin sticks. My bootyfab twin sticks and some really nice professional twin sticks mounted to those, I assume for driver ergonomics.

Front axle - is an old GM Dana 60 that I shortened to match the rear. Lincoln locked with 4.56 gears.
(Changed to 5.38 gears and a Yukon locker in August 2021)

Rear axle - is a Cab and Chassis 14 bolt that is 63" WMS-WMS I added disc brakes to it. It's also Lincoln locked with 4.56's.
(Changed to 5.38 gears and a Detroit locker in August 2021)

The tires are Super Swamper 38x15.50 on 16.5 alooominums.
(37" Maxxis RAZRs and 17" Racelines currently)

The suspension is Waggy leafs SOA in the front, and a 4 link in the rear using some random TJ/XJ/WJ coils I had laying around. Wheelbase is 106" if I remember correctly.

So yeah, it's really quite comparable to Britney Spears and her life. Kinda hot, but trashy AF too.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I thinks some 40's would like mighty nice on that thing. Looking at those pictures with your kids, it's worth every penny to bring it home.

Me on the other hand? I'd trade my kids for a rig. @Gawynz you interested in a couple kids? Clean trade (well the kids aren't very clean, but you know what I mean).

Unless I got my ZJ back for dirt cheap, it wouldn't be worth it for me to bring it back. It would have the same problems and limitations, so I'd essentially be buying an Atlas and drivetrain I'm fond of, strapped to a bunch of unibody that was ridden hard and put away wet.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I thinks some 40's would like mighty nice on that thing. Looking at those pictures with your kids, it's worth every penny to bring it home.

Me on the other hand? I'd trade my kids for a rig. @Gawynz you interested in a couple kids? Clean trade (well the kids aren't very clean, but you know what I mean).

Unless I got my ZJ back for dirt cheap, it wouldn't be worth it for me to bring it back. It would have the same problems and limitations, so I'd essentially be buying an Atlas and drivetrain I'm fond of, strapped to a bunch of unibody that was ridden hard and put away wet.
I think you're looking at the wrong thread. This Jeep is a shitbox for sure. It doesn't even have an Atlas or MANTIS ARMS!