Jeep So... I just put down a deposit- The Britney rebuild thread.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Obviously progress on Britney has been almost non-existent because of the tile project, my schedule, and funding. I have snuck a few items into items past the gatekeeper in the past couple months though. Being stuck in a truck for 60 hours a week certainly has helped me think about the plans for her.

I picked up a locker for the rear 14 bolt.

173A1C3C-D7A7-4881-B826-B3E3ACE40C6F.jpeg

That should be a nice upgrade from the current Lincoln locker.

I also picked up some 17" wheels. Tires will have to wait a while, but the 16.5" wheels that are currently on her are not long term.

1488BAEF-0043-44CE-AF2B-A2802D9E47E6.jpeg

And I ordered Britney a belly button ring.
C73F2B0B-17D5-4543-A94B-F4C225102CE0.jpeg

20 years ago I swapped in a 289 V8 that was given to me. I couldn't find the right water pump pulley back then, so I shortened one with a grinder and a stick welder. It wobbles a bit. This should fix the wobble, but little sparkly bits on a lady's belly button are sexy too. 😁

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Come on!

E7AB7E57-9B0C-4150-B7C3-3DE7176448DA.jpeg

Also, if you haven't checked out Britney Spears Instagram account, grab some popcorn and take a look. She's legit cuckoo.

I started calling my Jeep Britney Spears way back in the day as a joke. She was crazy popular and I couldn't stand her. My wife at the time would put up posters of her in the garage while I was away at work just to torment me. I use to tell people I named my Jeep Britney Spears because I liked to bash her into rocks. Now I call her Britney because she has ISSUES.

Anyway, her current mental state is a sad situation, but she still makes music that still brings her fans happiness. Just like my Jeep.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Also, if you haven't checked out Britney Spears Instagram account, grab some popcorn and take a look. She's legit cuckoo.

Thank you for ruining all of my fond high school memories and dreams. I don't know that I will ever recover.
#nutz
#needsmorefilters
#pleasephotoshop
#notyoungcutebritneyanymore
#crazywasasongnotagoal

I just hope that I can still listen to her songs with happiness, and that my recent IG viewing wont ruin the music also.

Pile of parts

I also picked up some 17" wheels. Tires will have to wait a while, but the 16.5" wheels that are currently on her are not long term.
Speaking of tires... How's that tire groover treating you? I have some TSLs I'd like to work over, if you want to sell or rent it. Also, I have a few things from my old CJ 5 I'll let you look at. If they work for you, you can have them.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Speaking of tires... How's that tire groover treating you? I have some TSLs I'd like to work over, if you want to sell or rent it. Also, I have a few things from my old CJ 5 I'll let you look at. If they work for you, you can have them.
You can definitely borrow it. I messed with it for about an hour. Haven't touched it since.