so, I'm "Gregging" here. Toyota tow/rig ?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
(I think this would be pretty bad ass with some Super Duty axles and 40" tires on it)

Yes x2.

The 4.7 V8 is a solid motor, but not super-powerful. I know plenty of people tow with them, but I'd want something more powerful if I were looking at a "tow rig". For occasional towing and lighter loads, it will suffice. Probably on par with what I'd consider historical "half ton" tow ratings. (as opposed to the last few years of F150's being able to tow 187,000 lbs...)

I'd guess a 2001 Tundra is probably not a very expensive purchase at this point. Probably a great truck still, if it's been taken care of at all.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
When I was with the Rad Jeeper, Brad had that same truck. We would haul his built Wagoneer on a heavy trailer all over the place with it. I'll guess and say we were pushing 9000 pounds. I wont say it was scary, but it was probably close. Never had an issue though.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Truck is being sold by a friend for $4400. 257k which is a lot of miles to me. I was just teasing him about throwing Super Duty axles and 40” tires under it

If you were "Gregging", you'd have a bitchen old school muscle car in your garage, but you don't.... so..... you're doing it wrong. :cody:

I do have a “new school” muscle sedan that certainly scratches that itch (mostly). I don’t have an old school musclecar, yet.

Last edited:

gatchmo5710

Solid engine and truck. I did alot of towing with one. 10,000 lbs and it would handle it but i would not buy it for towing.... as a SAS and truggy build.... HELL YES!!!!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I say tow super heavy with it and send that toyota to an early death and make the world the better place........ I kid I kid.......kind of