So let's see how the 4XE is...

DAA

Cindy's JLU finally came back from the dealer today after having the head replaced. For about a minute... They brought her JL here and took the Gladiator back. Go for a ride around the block and the check engine light is on, it's running rough and the power is quite noticeably down.

So... Unhappy phone calls ensued...

They came and got her JL again and left this as a loaner this time.

thumbnail_IMG_1456.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1457.jpg

Pretty tired of all this. But at least she shouldn't complain about her loaner being slow this time.

- DAA

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
my buddy has a 22 4xe, it's on its 14th recall. Couple months ago the latest notice said to not park it in the garage due to the possibility of battery fires. They still don't have a fix for that one. Loves the idea of the vehicle. But hates it. Oh and the electric doesn't work in cold weather because the batteries are too cold.

That sound frustrating. I'll just counter with my own experience with a 2023 JL 4xe about 1 year old. 2 Recalls on it for software items - one was a user interface change - how you selected hybrid or something like that. The other is outstanding and is a software change to fix some condition that might make the defroster not work? It has been a pretty mild winter, but I've never had the electric not work unless I had run the engine for short periods so many times that it had to run at temp for a while to burn off any unburnt fuel in the oil.