So now what

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Did you see this in an interview or read in some coverage? I'm just interested in reading further on this topic. Not too much surprises me anymore in regards to the US government.
I can't remember if this was from European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) Party "The Conservative" or "Imprimis" by Hillsdale College, Another good source is "The Epoch Times".

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Did you see this in an interview or read in some coverage? I'm just interested in reading further on this topic. Not too much surprises me anymore in regards to the US government.
I thought I replied to this but can not find it so will reply again. I get most of my Info from "Imprimis" by Hillsdale College, "The Epoch Times", "The daily Signal" "The Conservative" by the ECR party.

European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) Party

Hickey

The Exotic One
Supporting Member
That there should be a cap at 65 years for anyone trying to run for national office.
I'd be down for that. I'd like to say that some kind of mental evaluation after 65 could be instituted for a candidate, as many of us know of plenty of people aged 65 and much older who are plenty capable of getting the job done, but I can easily see that becoming a cluster. So 65 is fine with me.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
At this point, I'm young enough to remember what my brain used to be capable of, but eventually even that will be forgotten and none of it is coming back. Judging by the rate my memory is failing me, I doubt I could even remember elementary algebra or basic Grammer by the time I'm 60 ha ha. Obviously lots of people stay sharp for a long time and I think Jack Josh is sharp as hell, but it seems to be more the exception than the rule.

Tebbsjeep

I think having different age groups in congress similar to how we have different parties would also help keep things more representative as a whole. New ideas/passion for change, new understanding of how the world/technology works, all mixed with the wisdom of human experience in the older generation. Each decade block (i.e. 20-30s etc.), could be a different sector to vote for with equal representation of each age group.

And lets be honest, mental exams for any and all government officials is a good idea.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think having different age groups in congress similar to how we have different parties would also help keep things more representative as a whole. New ideas/passion for change, new understanding of how the world/technology works, all mixed with the wisdom of human experience in the older generation. Each decade block (i.e. 20-30s etc.), could be a different sector to vote for with equal representation of each age group.

And lets be honest, mental exams for any and all government officials is a good idea.
I totally agree, but often times "young blood" is seen as extreme and anti American because their experiences and opinions are different

Last edited:

Tebbsjeep

For me, the problem lies in that everyone thinks that their generation is the best/smartest/strongest generation. Personally I've encountered people from all ages that have both made me feel like Einstein, and have also shown how dumb I can be with some things. It's finding the middle ground that eludes most of us. It's very difficult.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
For me, the problem lies in that everyone thinks that their generation is the best/smartest/strongest generation. Personally I've encountered people from all ages that have both made me feel like Einstein, and have also shown how dumb I can be with some things. It's finding the middle ground that eludes most of us. It's very difficult.
Well said.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
At this point, I'm young enough to remember what my brain used to be capable of, but eventually even that will be forgotten and none of it is coming back. Judging by the rate my memory is failing me, I doubt I could even remember elementary algebra or basic Grammer by the time I'm 60 ha ha. Obviously lots of people stay sharp for a long time and I think Jack Josh is sharp as hell, but it seems to be more the exception than the rule.
At 91 I think racing off road would be fun and easy and would still be competitive but it would have to be less than two hours. I think many of them are mentally capable but have been in office too long so something like 12 years in office and 70 years old. Ask some of the guys about my picking up trash when I was 82.