Political So now what

Political discussions within

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Properties like yours and mine have skyrocketed in the last year. I've had neighboring properties to mine sell for 10 times what I paid 4 years ago. They are all the same square footage (5 acre lots) but they don't have a view like mine does.

The pandemic made recreation property like ours extremely appealing.

About 10ish years go (shortly after the fire) I had a neighbor try to sell me a few lots for $1,000 each. I even went and checked them out.. But there were so many available at that time that I figured it was a bad idea. Oops.

However, I think each of them were north of the fire department and all had HOA's. If I am going to buy a slice of heaven, it wont have someone telling me how to use it!

I've thought about asking you to let me know if a neighbor is selling sometime.. so I guess I just did.. :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
About 10ish years go (shortly after the fire) I had a neighbor try to sell me a few lots for $1,000 each. I even went and checked them out.. But there were so many available at that time that I figured it was a bad idea. Oops.

However, I think each of them were north of the fire department and all had HOA's. If I am going to buy a slice of heaven, it wont have someone telling me how to use it!

I've thought about asking you to let me know if a neighbor is selling sometime.. so I guess I just did.. :D
I've only heard of one for sale nearby. I'm not sure if it's a single 5 acre, or two 5's.

We have a Property Owners Association. They don't really have any rules, it's just a way to collect dues to pay for road maintenance/plowing. Ours is something like $140 a year.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
East Salt Lake/Holladay Appraised value $1,000,000. 2021 tax assessment $926,000. 2022 tax assessment $1,135,000

Herriman/Hi country Estates Appraised in 2020 for $555K, Appraised now $800K. 2021 Assessment $473K. 2022 Assessment $615K

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
East Salt Lake/Holladay: Appraised value $1,000,000. 2021 tax assessment $926,000. 2022 tax assessment $1,135,000

Herriman/Hi country Estates: Appraised in 2020 for $555K, Appraised now $800K. 2021 Assessment $473K. 2022 Assessment $615K

Avenues Condo: Appraised value $505k, 2021 assessment $269k. 2022 assessment $327k

The first one makes me question my value :ugh: but the second 2 are more like what I expected. Tax assessments are still significantly less than appraised value.