Political So now what

Political discussions within

Pike2350

The conspiracies that are out there usually have a few things in common.....distrust of something..usually based on personal beliefs. This is fine and dandy...the problem is that with pretty much all conspiracies they "prove" them by trying to connect things that may not have any relevance. They create connections based on "unknown motives" that will somehow back up their beliefs. There is facts that they claim back up their theories and conspiracies..but its interpretation of those facts that is suspect.

The conspiracies have no fact or real proof of the connection they make between things but they still point to it as why something must have been done....just to reinforce their narrative.

To me it's just like the voting fraud. Sure there was some....was there enough to sway things...no....but those hell bent on believing it will look and find some things that may be weird or hard to explain and draw lines between them and somehow prove their belief happened. All the while they are taking events or things without full context...but somehow if you have context or don't see their hazy, hard to follow line they think You are the one being blindedn

It never goes anywhere. I rarely interact with a long time friend because if this. He is a Federal Reserve conspiracies...NWO type believer. Yet when I point out the most of the wealthiest people in the world are self made he balks and won't listen.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was agreeing with you. :rofl:
Go back to sleep, Stephen. I can post and talk about what ever the flying **** I want. I'm sorry you're so threatened by these alternate views from different paths.

I'll talk about and entertain ideas because I'm comfortable with who I am. I don't give a flying shit if you call my a conspiracy theorist. Call me whatever, I'm not the insecure one here.
STOP BEING DIFFERENT!! 😂

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was agreeing with you. :rofl:
Go back to sleep, Stephen. I can post and talk about what ever the flying **** I want. I'm sorry you're so threatened by these alternate views from different paths.

I'll talk about and entertain ideas because I'm comfortable with who I am. I don't give a flying shit if you call my a conspiracy theorist. Call me whatever, I'm not the insecure one here.
The issue is that they are not "alternative views", they are lies. I guess it's my fault because I read these dumb threads, I could just ignore them. And really, most of the time I do ignore your posts when they are not 4WD related because I'm tired of the inane shit. And yes, you can post whatever you want but in the same vein I call tell you that what you are saying is wrong. I, and others, have repeatedly challenged you to back up your conspiracies with facts. You never do. But please, back up that the Titanic was sunk to kill three people. Back up that FDR was a treasonous bastard. Please, post up all your evidence. I know you wont, because there is none.
Before you start saying that people are "insecure" simply for not buying into this stuff, look in the mirror first. I'm pretty secure in the fact that you're wrong. No waffling about it, actually. But please, prove to me (and to world for that matter) with hard evidence that the known histories of these two topics are wrong.

Houndoc

You are going to burn your lips on that pipe dream you are smoking. Conflict is job security. There is no interest in compromise from either party.
We cannot blame 'the parties' for doing what we send them to do.
As voters we are the ones responsible for who we elect. If we want something different than gridlock, don't vote for candidates who campaign on voting lockstep with party leadership.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If we want something different than gridlock, don't vote for candidates who campaign on voting lockstep with party leadership.
🤣 think you are missing the point. This is EVERY CAREER POLITICIAN, can vote all we want but the problem is they all turn to this.

What we need is term limits, donation limits, and more accountability for back door shady dealings for you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours

xjtony

What we need is term limits, donation limits, and more accountability for back door shady dealings for you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours
It still amazes me that the amount of money that a candidate can scam out of the people is really the primary basis of their worth, especially during the early part of the campaign.

As far as the "history vs conspiracy" debate I had one thought. While I do absolutely believe in the burden of proof and scientific method (which seems to have become almost non-existent in the mainstream these days), How many new historical discoveries have been made that change the verified historical model? All it takes is a new document to be uncovered, or an artifact to be found in a place where its not expected to change the written history of our world. It happens. Really its all a theory until its proven to be true. If we only rely on what has already been documented we never grow as a species. I don't necessarily believe in re-writing history without UNBIASED and VERIFIED proof that a change is warranted, I also feel that it is unwise to simply disregard new information. This is a debate that has been going on for a long time between academics and those that are deemed as "fringe".

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As far as the "history vs conspiracy" debate I had one thought. While I do absolutely believe in the burden of proof and scientific method (which seems to have become almost non-existent in the mainstream these days), How many new historical discoveries have been made that change the verified historical model? All it takes is a new document to be uncovered, or an artifact to be found in a place where its not expected to change the written history of our world. It happens. Really its all a theory until its proven to be true. If we only rely on what has already been documented we never grow as a species. I don't necessarily believe in re-writing history without UNBIASED and VERIFIED proof that a change is warranted, I also feel that it is unwise to simply disregard new information. This is a debate that has been going on for a long time between academics and those that are deemed as "fringe".
Absolutely, history is not static, it is constantly changing. But it cannot be considered fact until its veracity is proven. Think about the Salamander Letter, Piltdown Man, Hitler’s diaries. The list goes on. But making a claim like the Titanic was sunk intentionally to kill three Americans who were opposed to the Federal Reserve Act, thats a bombshell. If that were true, you'd upset 110 years of historical research; so you better have your ducks in a row before you make a claim like that.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Oh but it gets even better, Stephen.
The Titanic wasn't even the RMS Titanic. It was the RMS Olympic. All mated up in an insurance fraud conspiracy. It's like a nice old 1900's two-fer.
I love this ha ha.

I actually read that Pierre DiCapprio bought the radio and film rights back then too. It's crazy how many steps ahead they all are.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
iu