Political So now what

Political discussions within

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Everyone believes that Trump is an egotistical ass that loved the country. Get over it.
The 2nd impeachment farce will soon end with another not guilty just like the Russian Collusion.
The 2nd impeachment trial did a lot to expose the hypocrisy of the "get Trump" group.
Prediction; Pence will be our next president.
We need to fight (not kill, murder, riot) to keep PL-166-9 (even though it was a bad bargain) from being weakened.
We need to make congress responsible for making laws not the president or judiciary.

xjtony

This is the kind of article that frustrates me. The 2 party system at its finest. Vote for us or "they" win. The system is designed to devide the county . I honestly think that a third party formed from centralists pulled from both sides could do a lot for our country, but its a leap of faith thats hard for most people to take.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

Houndoc

This is the kind of article that frustrates me. The 2 party system at its finest. Vote for us or "they" win. The system is designed to devide the county . I honestly think that a third party formed from centralists pulled from both sides could do a lot for our country, but its a leap of faith thats hard for most people to take.

It is unfortunate that too many people think we are somehow locked into only Democrat or Republican as our party options. The Republicans became a major party at the expense of the previous ones.

I do think the Republican Party will either have to deliberately shed the far right/Q-Anon/Trumpist wing or the moderates will leave the party with the majority of that migrating to the Democrats unless there is a real movement to form a new, centrist party (which as quick as I would be to join I don't see happening.)

Loosing a strong center-right voice on issues such as Second Amendment, land use etc will not be good in the long run and a stronger center will make long-term solutions to divisive issues like immigration much easier to solve through compromise.

Coco

If Trump runs again as an independent/*insert other than dem/rep here*, I think that is when a third party will get some steam.

Houndoc

If Trump runs again as an independent/*insert other than dem/rep here*, I think that is when a third party will get some steam.
I don't see a third party built around Trump having a lasting impact, other than allowing the GOP to move back towards the center. Other third party/independent campaigns built around an individual (think Ross Perot) lack staying power.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Today I learned that I’m an extremist for wanting the country to follow the constitution and for wanting justice against ruling pedophile elite class. Cool. I guess it’s an honor.
Fascist! Nazi! Racist!

Also had pretty much the same thing posted, but I deleted because I’m over explaining myself and love of the founding principles of this country to people that have a blind hatred for someone as a person and can’t look past that.

Last edited: