Political So now what

Political discussions within

xjtony

What is very interesting about this whole thread is that we have 13 pages of basically negative "reviews" of how our government is begin run, from multiple viewpoints, all with valid arguments, but we still vote the SAME people from the same parties back into office. I think that we are at a point in our history where real change is going to be needed to fix our country going forward. We have the power as citizens to make this change. If neither party represents you, then take your vote elsewhere. We have been backed into a wall where we feel that we have to vote for the lesser of two evils and that has to stop for us to progress.

We also have the convention of states which allows states to amend the constitution without the interference of the federal government. A convention has already been called to enforce term limits and put a cap on federal spending (Utah has already signed on), but we still need more states to join before anything can be done. The founding fathers have given us the ability to protect ourselves from government overreach, we simply don't use it.

It amazes me that, even with a record turnout, half of the country doesn't even vote. I would have to believe that at least some of these people just don't vote because there is not an option that they feel comfortable with. We have a government filled with "representatives" that have made a career out of doing what's best for themselves. Some people with 30+ years in office, but very little progress for their constituents. They love to lay the blame around because its easy. "Trump\Biden\Obama\Bush... is ruining our way of life!" says the career politician who in 30 years has made nothing better for the American People.

We have shown in a small way here that we can discuss our problems as Americans and still move forward as one. I would urge all Americans to help pursue ways to enact real change that benefits ALL of us. We need 34 states to call a convention, 38 to ratify changes. I try to have the conversation with all my family and friends who live in states that have not voted to sign on. I try to push the value of third parties (I'm sure to the point of being a broken record).

I read an article about the burden of responsibility that comes with the freedoms our Constitution provides. Its something that I don't think enough people (myself included) really think about. The events of the last year or more are not going to effect real lasting change but we do have the power, given to us by the Constitution of the United States, to make lasting change. MERCA!!

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Alright, I got to ask what do you think Biden is going to do for civil rights? I believe it is a non-issue and he'll smile and wave in the parade and nothing is going to change because it doesn't need to. Democrats will get all excited he's got some woman of color as vice president, but nothing is going to change. Be glad if nothing changes. Obamacare was supposed to save us all and my medical expenses went through the roof. If it's that kind of change the next president is going to need to abolish slavery again.

Houndoc

Alright, I got to ask what do you think Biden is going to do for civil rights? I believe it is a non-issue and he'll smile and wave in the parade and nothing is going to change because it doesn't need to. Democrats will get all excited he's got some woman of color as vice president, but nothing is going to change. Be glad if nothing changes. Obamacare was supposed to save us all and my medical expenses went through the roof. If it's that kind of change the next president is going to need to abolish slavery again.

A lot in here I could take strong issue with- but may resist the urge simply because I would rather see RME be less politically divided than we have been in recent months.

But from the view point of people of color (which includes my family and large number of friends in Utah and elsewhere), I know we are far from where we need to be on civil rights, equality and overcoming racism/bias. But in keeping with my comment above I will leave it at that.

As to health care, a much higher portion of my employees have insurance now than they did pre-ACA, either by staying longer on parent's policies or it is more affordable via the exchanges with their subsidies. I do not qualify via the exchanges and buy my insurance via a very small group policy we offer as a company. Growth rate of my premiums have been much lower the last 5+ years than it was previously. Now that the mandate to buy insurance has been removed, which never seemed right from a constitutional perspective, I think the ACA "Obama Care" has done a lot of good.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
A lot in here I could take strong issue with- but may resist the urge simply because I would rather see RME be less politically divided than we have been in recent months.

But from the view point of people of color (which includes my family and large number of friends in Utah and elsewhere), I know we are far from where we need to be on civil rights, equality and overcoming racism/bias. But in keeping with my comment above I will leave it at that.
Understand your statement but please educate me. I'll leave the racism/bias part out for this argument. But please educate me on how any non-caucasian/gay/lesbian/trans/pink haired person in this country has fewer civil rights than you or me.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I nearly married a black girl in my mid 20s. In the couple years we dated, countless things happened that I would never have expected in "modern" society. From the simplist and well intentioned "she's really pretty for a black girl" to people yelling slurs at her/us while we're together somewhere.

Having grown up in a neighborhood and in schools where Caucasian was minority, it's really head scratching to me to see people question whether people of color are really treated differently. It's not even a question to me. I've been around it my entire life. You could just as soon convince me that the sky is red than that minorities are treated the same as everyone else. I'd even go so far as to say it's worse now than it was 4 years ago. Not because Trump made people racist or they multiplied like rabbits, but simply they feel more comfortable being vocal now that it's more visible how many others are the same way, and how easy it is to find like minded people. They somehow feel threatened that if some of the conscious or unconscious biases towards minorities were to go away, that it somehow takes something away from them. That probably just creates even more resentment too.

It's easy to go about your day when you grew up and are surrounded by people that look like you, talk like you, and think like you and pretend that because you don't hate anyone, that everyone has the same experience in society. It's simply not true. I've given up even trying to make the argument, because to me it's not even a gray area issue. It IS a thing, just like the sky is blue, and no argument against it can make it untrue.

I'm generally conservative leaning, and I'm very conscious and passionate (if not very active) about land use. But for myself personally, I think it's more important to breed tolerance and acceptance for people of different backgrounds in this country than my personal desire to drive on roads. I don't agree 100% with the democratic agenda on how to get there, but at least they are willing to have a discussion about it and recognize that a problem exists. Ignoring it just gives it more power to continue or get worse.

Shit, USU's president didn't hire a football coach specifically because of his ethnicity and religion. Those that buy into all these outlandish theories somehow can't comprehend that things like that are not isolated incidences and no racial bias exists.. .. We're the ones with wool over our eyes lol

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I nearly married a black girl in my mid 20s. In the couple years we dated, countless things happened that I would never have expected in "modern" society. From the simplist and well intentioned "she's really pretty for a black girl" to people yelling slurs at her/us while we're together somewhere.

Having grown up in a neighborhood and in schools where Caucasian was minority, it's really head scratching to me to see people question whether people of color are really treated differently. It's not even a question to me. I've been around it my entire life. You could just as soon convince me that the sky is red than that minorities are treated the same as everyone else. I'd even go so far as to say it's worse now than it was 4 years ago. Not because Trump made people racist or they multiplied like rabbits, but simply they feel more comfortable being vocal now that it's more visible how many others are the same way, and how easy it is to find like minded people. They somehow feel threatened that if some of the conscious or unconscious biases towards minorities were to go away, that it somehow takes something away from them. That probably just creates even more resentment too.

It's easy to go about your day when you grew up and are surrounded by people that look like you, talk like you, and think like you and pretend that because you don't hate anyone, that everyone has the same experience in society. It's simply not true. I've given up even trying to make the argument, because to me it's not even a gray area issue. It IS a thing, just like the sky is blue, and no argument against it can make it untrue.

I'm generally conservative leaning, and I'm very conscious and passionate (if not very active) about land use. But for myself personally, I think it's more important to breed tolerance and acceptance for people of different backgrounds in this country than my personal desire to drive on roads. I don't agree 100% with the democratic agenda on how to get there, but at least they are willing to have a discussion about it and recognize that a problem exists. Ignoring it just gives it more power to continue or get worse.

Shit, USU's president didn't hire a football coach specifically because of his ethnicity and religion. Those that buy into all these outlandish theories somehow can't comprehend that things like that are not isolated incidences and no racial bias exists.. .. We're the ones with wool over our eyes lol

Is bias out there? Absolutely. Racism? Absolutely

This is a two way street though. I currently live in whats considered one of the most racists regions in the country. Now i'm not saying its all encompassing and i've only been there a few months, but I've yet to see any racist acts or people being hassled. By contrast have you ever been to Atlanta? Chicago? San Francisco? hell even Hawaii. I've never been mad dogged, stared at, intimidated more in my life than my time in Atlanta. Go to non tourist areas of Hawaii, have "haole go home" (slang for white boy) yelled at you. Racism is out there for sure, but let's not pretend its only white people which is what most want to do. I'm not black and don't pretend to be, and can't pretend to know what some black people experience in the country. But i've for sure experienced racism coming the other way.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Is bias out there? Absolutely. Racism? Absolutely

This is a two way street though. I currently live in whats considered one of the most racists regions in the country. Now i'm not saying its all encompassing and i've only been there a few months, but I've yet to see any racist acts or people being hassled. By contrast have you ever been to Atlanta? Chicago? San Francisco? hell even Hawaii. I've never been mad dogged, stared at, intimidated more in my life than my time in Atlanta. Go to non tourist areas of Hawaii, have "haole go home" (slang for white boy) yelled at you. Racism is out there for sure, but let's not pretend its only white people which is what most want to do. I'm not black and don't pretend to be, and can't pretend to know what some black people experience in the country. But i've for sure experienced racism coming the other way.
I agree with all of that. It's within almost all of us, conscious or unconscious. I've spent time in Chicago at brewing school, and if I'm honest with myself, I felt a little uncomfortable when I was on a train full of all minorities. But, I got over it...consciously. I've had friend that have grown up or lived for some amount of time in Hawaii, and I've heard it's tough there too for white kids. I've spent time in Baltimore too, and again when a big group of young black kids came walking down the sidewalk, I felt different about it than a group of white kids. Am I racist? No I don't think so at least not in a hurtful way, but do I harbor some unfortunate biases? Unfortunately yes, and I try to consciously overcome them instead of ignoring them.

It's absolutely in all of us I think. In Mexico, darker skinned Mexicans are looked down upon too by there more fair skinned neighbors. The list goes on really. But it's important, I think, that we are aware of it and try to consciously do better. Not treating intolerance with intolerance. Hate with Hate. It's not us against them. Politically, socially, ethnically, land-useageally. We're better off, and stronger off, as the sum of our different parts. That's a big pipe dream, and may or may not be possible in any of our lifetimes, but in the end I'll never feel worse about myself and my impact on the world when my time comes if at least I try to be the change that I think needs to happen.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
People don't like to talk about it but that's actually a survival response. People tend to naturally want to be around other people that are more similar to them because their chance survival within that group is higher. Has nothing to do with racism. This happens with ANY group whether that group is based on race, religion or any other ideology.

Does that make it OK to make remarks to somebody outside your group? I don't think so. People who do that are just the trash of their own particular group.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I think many people are tired of racism being pushed as a one way street. To me, this only creates more intolerance. Once it is accepted that it is possible for races other than what is considered white to be racist, then I think things can get better. However, I don't think you will ever see the modern D party accept that anybody but a white person can be racist.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If i'm honest we as a country have a larger problem brewing. The selfishness, me me me attitude, instant gratification mindset of so many people out there boggles my mind. I've tried to ditch my cynical attitude towards people since I quit law enforcement, and in two years I think i've come a long way. I get to people watch a lot right now, and the selfishness of many American people astounds me.

If the Army engrained anything in me it was the Army Values. Loyalty Duty Respect Selfless Service Honor Integrity Personal Courage

If we could get people to have that mentality it would go a long way, but the me me me is taking over

Edit: And not to sound arrogant and say I’m and angel, I’m guilty of it as well. I try and catch myself and correct the behavior though. Also tried to call people out on it, even if the act isn’t towards me but 100% of the time met with hostility

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I think many people are tired of racism being pushed as a one way street. To me, this only creates more intolerance. Once it is accepted that it is possible for races other than what is considered white to be racist, then I think things can get better. However, I don't think you will ever see the modern D party accept that anybody but a white person can be racist.
I'm tired of it being used as an argument or augmentation to truth or perspective. I hated Obama because he continued the wars and drone bombing that Bush started. But I was told adamantly by others that I hated him because of his skin color. :rolleyes: I hated Trump until those exact same people started calling him a racist. Then I started watching what he said and did very closely because I knew those same people were full of shit.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I am a straight, white, Christian, male. I am married with kids, and live in the suburbs.. so I am pretty much the go-to person to hate.

I appreciate @Cody comments.

The only claim I have to diversity is that for a short time I lived in Mississippi, and even had a black roommate at one point. The part of town I lived in was all black. I was literally the only white guy I saw all week, except while at church on Sundays.

I have never thought myself a racist. I justify that by showing that I currently do not even have a single white tenant in my properties, and have had someone from every color or culture at one point or another. Never did I rent based on any color/religion/culture. Seems safe to me to claim that I am not a racists.

However.. I have found myself being pushed towards the 'racists' side, starting with the Obama years... but especially now. Netflix, Hulu, Peacock, etc have 'black led movies', 'black directed movies', 'celebrating black culture', etc sections on the play list. Grocery stores have 'black owned business' labels on some of their food or items. This drives me CRAZY. I don't need to know what color their skin is. I want to buy the best product available. It doesn't matter who made it. If black owned products are not selling, maybe make the product better? Trying to entice people to watch/buy something based on skin color is racists, no? Why do certain people get special treatment over others?

I don't buy into 'privilege' either. My 'privilege' is the product of my parents hard work and sacrifice. I grew up in a 2 parent home because my parents chose to stay together in an unhappy relationship until their kids were grown. My parents bought stuff for me because my dad worked all day every day. He busted his butt to earn income. I got an education because my mom required me to do so.
I am now passing my 'privilege' on to my kids. But if I get divorced, choose to work only 40 hours a week, don't push education on them.. then their 'privilege' will go away quickly.
I think anyone can create and share privilege. It is a product of work, not a product of color....

... Which brings me back to Mississippi. I saw people living in leaking roof homes.. but they had spinner wheels on their cars, the newest cell phones, huge TV's, and anything else they could finance.
I often evict tenants who can't pay rent, but have the money to pay their cable TV bill, or the payment on their cell phones, or the lease on their fancy car, or can buy all the new tattoo's they want.... but they choose poorly and create their own bad situations.

...Which brings me back to the belief that 'privilege' is earned through work and sacrifice.

I typed all this in hopes that if I am wrong, I can receive some real education from you folks. Your thoughts?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I am a straight, white, Christian, male. I am married with kids, and live in the suburbs.. so I am pretty much the go-to person to hate.

The only claim I have to diversity is that for a short time I lived in Mississippi, and even had a black roommate at one point. The part of town I lived in was all black. I was literally the only white guy I saw all week, except while at church on Sundays.

I have never thought myself a racist. I justify that by showing that I currently do not even have a single white tenant in my properties, and have had someone from every color or culture at one point or another. Never did I rent based on any color/religion/culture. Seems safe to me to claim that I am not a racists.

However.. I have found myself being pushed towards the 'racists' side, starting with the Obama years... but especially now. Netflix, Hulu, Peacock, etc have 'black led movies', 'black directed movies', 'celebrating black culture', etc sections on the play list. Grocery stores have 'black owned business' labels on some of their food or items. This drives me CRAZY. I don't need to know what color their skin is. I want to buy the best product available. It doesn't matter who made it. If black owned products are not selling, maybe make the product better? Trying to entice people to watch/buy something based on skin color is racists, no? Why do certain people get special treatment over others?

I don't buy into 'privilege' either. My 'privilege' is the product of my parents hard work and sacrifice. I grew up in a 2 parent home because my parents chose to stay together in an unhappy relationship until their kids were grown. My parents bought stuff for me because my dad worked all day every day. He busted his butt to earn income. I got an education because my mom required me to do so.
I am now passing my 'privilege' on to my kids. But if I get divorced, choose to work only 40 hours a week, don't push education on them.. then their 'privilege' will go away quickly.
I think anyone can create and share privilege. It is a product of work, not a product of color....

... Which brings me back to Mississippi. I saw people living in leaking roof homes.. but they had spinner wheels on their cars, the newest cell phones, huge TV's, and anything else they could finance.
I often evict tenants who can't pay rent, but have the money to pay their cable TV bill, or the payment on their cell phones, or the lease on their fancy car, or can buy all the new tattoo's they want.... but they choose poorly and create their own bad situations.

...Which brings me back to the belief that 'privilege' is earned through work and sacrifice.

I typed all this in hopes that if I am wrong, I can receive some real education from you folks. Your thoughts?

Political psyops if you are told you’re a helpless victim long enough. Even if some/most of your situation is your own doing, and put forth zero effort to change it on your own. You believe you are a victim of some outside force and helpless to do anything about it. Obviously doesn’t apply to every situation but a lot of people could overcome poverty/poor life circumstances if they were willing to make a change themselves vs waiting for the magic political candidate to save them.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

I appreciate your sentiments, and I don't think any of that stuff makes you a racist...or not a racist. Just renting to minorities doesn't make you "not racist". Look at Donald Sterling.

What you said, is EXACTLY your privilege. Your "privilege" is often the product of something your parents did, and maybe their parents, and so on so forth. What if your parents carried you across the border when you were a baby and only had the shirt on their back? What if your parents, or grandparents, were black in the 50's or 60's? Do you think they had the same access to education and other resources that yours did? Of course everyone can work harder, but not everyone starts from the same place, and every generation that starts just a little further ahead, has a little better chance of ending even more ahead. That system isn't inherently racist, but most minorities are only a 1-2 generations from a time and place where they started from zero. I can only imagine how much easier my life would have been if my college was paid for automatically, or if I had money to use to open a brewery. I borrowed $2k from my parents when I was 27. Bought NAGCA.com with it. Rebuilt NAGCA and sold it for enough to start the home brew shop. Grew that for 10 years and scraped together enough leverage to get a loan to open the brewery. Now I'm 40 and starting from higher up...but MAN would it have been sweet to have just started here at 27. If I started here, I would be much further than I am now. Now amplify that by generations. That's privilege. The reason it's called "white" privilege is because unless you're white, you're at best 2 generations from being at the very bottom.

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I appreciate your sentiments, and I don't think any of that stuff makes you a racist...or not a racist. Just renting to minorities doesn't make you "not racist". Look at Donald Sterling.

What you said, is EXACTLY your privilege. Your "privilege" is often the product of something your parents did, and maybe their parents, and so on so forth. What if your parents carried you across the border when you were a baby and only had the shirt on their back? What if your parents, or grandparents, were black in the 50's or 60's? Do you think they had the same access to education and other resources that yours did? Of course everyone can work harder, but not everyone starts from the same place, and every generation that starts just a little further ahead, has a little better chance of ending even more ahead. That system isn't inherently racist, but most minorities are only a 1-2 generations from a time and place where they started from zero. I can only imagine how much easier my life would have been if my college was paid for automatically, or if I had money to use to open a brewery. I borrowed $2k from my parents when I was 27. Bought NAGCA.com with it. Rebuilt NAGCA and sold it for enough to start the home brew shop. Grew that for 10 years and scraped together enough leverage to get a loan to open the brewery. Now I'm 40 and starting from higher up...but MAN would it have been sweet to have just started here at 27. If I started here, I would be much further than I am now. Now amplify that by generations. That's privilege. The reason it's called "white" privilege is because unless you're white, you're at best 2 generations from being at the very bottom.

Thanks Cody.

I do see my privilege, and am very grateful for it... but I guess I believe that it was earned by someone (in this case, my parents) through sacrifice and hard work. So it's a privilege to me.. but I am now EARNING that privilege for the next generation.

Some of my current tenants are the immigrants who were carried across the border. They make good money by working hard. They have clean homes, and good cars. I see them as someone who has earned their 'privilege'.

I know many many many white people who are also living in poverty, in a long chain of poverty living parents. I don't see them as anymore privileged than a black person in poverty. My wifes family is a great example. They, in theory, all have the same privilege. However, each of them have made different choices in life that has my wife doing very well, and her sisters living together in a rent subsidized apartment, living off of food stamps, raising fatherless children, and doing drugs.

I also know a handful of muslim/indian/ect folks who are first generation Americans. Some of them are doing very well and require their children to act right, be responsible, and study. Their children will be very 'privileged' by our statements here.

I tend to think culture plays a lot more into privilege than color.

I have tried to be grateful for what I have, and try to share my excess with others. I have bought full sets of tires for complete strangers, donated thousands of dollars to people I know in need, sold a dirt bike once to pay the mortgage for a friend going through cancer, ect. I don't usually advertise that or care to get accolades for it.. but I guess It hurts my feelings to be told that what I feel like I work hard for is just my 'privilege'... especially when it is based on MY skin color, comes from people who don't work, or people who don't know me.

Last edited:

Pike2350

To add to what Cody said. The white privilege is also partly the fact(whether you want to call it a fact or not) that as a white person you are generally viewed in a much more favorable light by most/many other people. Sure there is racism towards white...but on a grander scale whites in the US (majority of the US) dont generally have to deal with much of the biases that minorities do.

Driving down the road and seeing a white kid in a BMW, generally the thought is "spoiled rich kid" now seeing another minority in a BMW and can almost guarantee that moat people's first thought is not the same. I know a lot of people, myself included tend to look at how the person dresses and acts....but given roughly the same general look and mannerisms a minority will be much more scrutinized in their actions and will be accused of wrong doing before their white counterparts.

Now I think this is also directly ties to what Cody said. Minorities have had less time/generations to establish themselves and seeing a minority spoiled rich kid (oddly enough I dont think this applies as much to Asians) doesn't seem to be that common....because the generational privelage has not been there long enough to make it be "common"

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
So I have been pretty deep in thought for a few hours now (which has really cut into my privilege of working 14 hours so far today, with much more to go)

I have had a little change in perspective.

I have seen friends and neighbors with less than me. I try to share what I have with them. We had a single mom in the neighborhood sending a kid on a mission. We gave what I would think is a large-ish amount of money to them to help pay for his suits and mission expenses. I can draw many parallels between his life and mine as a teenager. I can compare his work and mine and the time. I can see his attitude and mine at the time. I can see that we were very similar. I can also see that my life was easier. I can see that this young man has less privileges in life than I did... Which obviously means I had MORE privilege than he does.

But why am I supposed to feel guilty for my privilege? Why am I a bad person because of it? The message I receive from the woke world is that I should be ashamed for my privilege. But I feel that my privilege allows me to spread more privilege. Isn't that a good thing?

'Privilege' has become a negative attribute. I would prefer to feel that I have been given a 'legacy' based on my own ability to be responsible for it and care for it. I hope to leave a legacy to my children, pending their ability to be responsible adults. I feel that part of the legacy I want to leave behind is the kindness my family is willing to show to others.

Pike2350

So I have been pretty deep in thought for a few hours now (which has really cut into my privilege of working 14 hours so far today, with much more to go)

I have had a little change in perspective.

I have seen friends and neighbors with less than me. I try to share what I have with them. We had a single mom in the neighborhood sending a kid on a mission. We gave what I would think is a large-ish amount of money to them to help pay for his suits and mission expenses. I can draw many parallels between his life and mine as a teenager. I can compare his work and mine and the time. I can see his attitude and mine at the time. I can see that we were very similar. I can also see that my life was easier. I can see that this young man has less privileges in life than I did... Which obviously means I had MORE privilege than he does.

But why am I supposed to feel guilty for my privilege? Why am I a bad person because of it? The message I receive from the woke world is that I should be ashamed for my privilege. But I feel that my privilege allows me to spread more privilege. Isn't that a good thing?

'Privilege' has become a negative attribute. I would prefer to feel that I have been given a 'legacy' based on my own ability to be responsible for it and care for it. I hope to leave a legacy to my children, pending their ability to be responsible adults. I feel that part of the legacy I want to leave behind is the kindness my family is willing to show to others.
I don't think you should fell bad or guilty about what you consider your privilege. The privilege you reference is more of opportunites and a family legacy. I think privilege in the way it is being talked about in todays world has more to do with the way people interact with you based on certain characteristics. There most certainly is a "white privilege" I do think people need to acknowledge it and stop acting like they dont have some sort of privilege over minorities.

My nephew was adopted at birth. He is black and grew up in Utah his whole life...up in Midway. His life was much different from his older brother(biological nephew) my adopted nephew was questioned first whenever something happened at school. He was first to be accused of wrong doing in his group of friends (by law enforcement and school staff) He also had the privilege of being starter on the football team in high school without having played much in little league.

He was my wakeup call to realize that "white privilege" is a thing. My black nephew, raised as closely to his white brother as possible has been treated very differently despite having the same "privilege" that you speak of jeeper. He is a hard working kid and is being given an equal life to his white brother....but he is not treated the same in almost every aspect of daily life. He is pulled over by police way more often. He's been followed in stores A LOT, etc. He starts adult life at a disadvantage just because of how society treats him. He will have to work harder then his brother just to attain the same standard of life.

The privilege we have as white males is real. It's because we don't have the bias, the prejudices against us. More often then not people assume we are not up to anything suspicious or nefarious. Minorities do not have this privilege much of the time. If we can acknowledge it, hopefully we can then work to correct the fact that there is privilege of this kind in the first place.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Like I said before. If I'm carrying a weapon on me in obvious site, walking through your neighborhood... What do you think? If a big black dude or a Hispanic dude does the same, do you look at it the same? Do you think cops do? Actually... @TRD270 what would you say. Do you think some police officers react differently to minorities if given the same circumstances? Honest question.