Political So now what

Political discussions within

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Let's mull on this recent weird hypothetical...

A Supreme Court position opens and Biden (in the past) has made it known explicitly he wants a "Black woman" to occupy that seat. Now, the bobble heads are wondering if Harris is the person for that job... and who exactly would refill the VP spot? To which some Dem bobble heads say Hillary Clinton would be a good/likely fit.

I'm not a 12-moves-ahead mind like Magnus Carlsen... but even the mention of this is wild. If we were to watch it unfold, I'm not sure what exactly that would mean for the state of our government/politics. It's way too much made for TV drama these days.

I think Charles Cooke sums up why this will never happen pretty well:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It's behind a paywall, what are the points in the article?
Harris has become a liability to the Democratic Party, so the options are ride out her tenure as VP for another three years, or put her on the bench and deal with her for life. Not likely.
Additionally, she's completely unqualified and deeply unpopular, so even if she was nominated, there is no way that she'd get 51 votes in the Senate to confirm her. And it'd have to be all 50 Dems and one Republican because she wouldn't be able to vote for herself as the tie breaker.

Pike2350

Likely taking one for the team to make sure his spot if filled by the current administration. They have to see the writing on the wall that the next administration will likely not be from the Democratic party. They honestly probably won't have the votes to push a nominee through after the mid terms. This is the safest option to keep this spot for the left.
But according to Trump supporters (and many here) R's will never win again because the D's have learned how to perfectly rig elections. :rofl:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
But according to Trump supporters (and many here) R's will never win again because the D's have learned how to perfectly rig elections. :rofl:
I mean last week the President of the United States (a Democrat) got up in front of the nation and all but said that the 2022 elections will be illegitimate unless his election "reform" bill is passed. So I'd say this is a general problem with both parties crying like babies.

Pike2350

You truly think that or is that a troll post? There are a lot of people, not just blind loyalists, who think anyone related to this administration will get steamrolled.

And Biden just put all in doubt by saying damn near the same thing about 2022.
I figured the emoji gave it away...but I guess not. Maybe we need the old Pirate4x4 flipoff2 emoji to really emphasize the sarcasm of a post.

I do hear A LOT on another board (mostly hardcore right wing people) that "There will never be a Republican elected to office....the Demoncrats have all but proven they can, and will cheat, steal, and rig all elections" I just find it funny how 1 election can be stolen and be the end all be all to democratic vote, but subsequent elections that will go in their favor (almost guaranteed with this bad administration) is somehow not a problem if it goes in their favor. This is no different then the hypocrisy of politics. It makes me sick. I think back to the Supreme Court justice nominees of 2016 & 2020. OH how the Republicans & Democrats immediately changed their tune when the rolls were reversed.

I think both sides are stupid personally. Our current president is an idiot and the voting reform bill is a joke. Elections are states things to deal with. Federal .gov has gotten too big as it is

It's all a joke. I like to argue and poke fun at both sides for their statements, that if switched to the other side would cause an uproar.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I figured the emoji gave it away...but I guess not. Maybe we need the old Pirate4x4 flipoff2 emoji to really emphasize the sarcasm of a post.

I do hear A LOT on another board (mostly hardcore right wing people) that "There will never be a Republican elected to office....the Demoncrats have all but proven they can, and will cheat, steal, and rig all elections" I just find it funny how 1 election can be stolen and be the end all be all to democratic vote, but subsequent elections that will go in their favor (almost guaranteed with this bad administration) is somehow not a problem if it goes in their favor. This is no different then the hypocrisy of politics. It makes me sick. I think back to the Supreme Court justice nominees of 2016 & 2020. OH how the Republicans & Democrats immediately changed their tune when the rolls were reversed.

I think both sides are stupid personally. Our current president is an idiot and the voting reform bill is a joke. Elections are states things to deal with. Federal .gov has gotten too big as it is

It's all a joke. I like to argue and poke fun at both sides for their statements, that if switched to the other side would cause an uproar.
I can't agree more on the last two court nominations. They almost word for word switched sides. It was a joke.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Likely taking one for the team to make sure his spot if filled by the current administration. They have to see the writing on the wall that the next administration will likely not be from the Democratic party. They honestly probably won't have the votes to push a nominee through after the mid terms. This is the safest option to keep this spot for the left.
The left is saying Breyer has been ready to retire for years.
I can't agree more on the last two court nominations. They almost word for word switched sides. It was a joke.
Do not understand statement about "last two court nominations"?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Feel free to continue the ridicule. :)

View attachment 146428
I know there are other discussions out there on it, but this should scare everyone who loves their freedom. People have become so mind numb to what the media says, that they do not even pay attention to what is really going on around them and write everything off as a conspiracy theory.