Political So now what

Political discussions within

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Russian and Belarusian forces have reportedly captured Chernobyl. Seems odd, but this is actually located at a strategic area north of Kiev.
I saw they were battling for it and wondered why they'd want that. I guess I still do. Is it just the area he wants or something specific in the space?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I saw they were battling for it and wondered why they'd want that. I guess I still do. Is it just the area he wants or something specific in the space?
It's located on the Pripyat River, which is a major waterway that flows down to Kiev. Also, and this is my speculation, Chernobyl houses huge quantities of radioactive waste (obviously) and I'm sure the Russians are concerned that if it stayed in Ukrainian hands that waste could potentially be used to make dirty bombs during the ensuing war.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
It's located on the Pripyat River, which is a major waterway that flows down to Kiev. Also, and this is my speculation, Chernobyl houses huge quantities of radioactive waste (obviously) and I'm sure the Russians are concerned that if it stayed in Ukrainian hands that waste could potentially be used to make dirty bombs during the ensuing war.
I suppose that makes sense.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
@mike thurston, c'mon man! Biden "defeated Covid" and maybe it will stay defeated with a good dose of war. 🤣

Most folks couldn't point to Ukrain (or maybe even Russia) on a map and didn't care about it until the media pushed the narrative. Doesn't that bug anyone?
Yes, which begs the question how much the American people should care, especially if young lives will be at risk. Biden should have already explained the why - in a manner that every American can understand.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
There's a ton of fake news out there. I don't know how much is actual wartime propaganda/misinformation and how much is just social media retards posting fake shit for internet points, but here's examples:
Shane's right on this one. Lotta bastards taking videos and pics out of context and putting their own spin on it (or flat out lying) to further whatever political affiliation they have.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
There's a ton of fake news out there. I don't know how much is actual wartime propaganda/misinformation and how much is just social media retards posting fake shit for internet points, but here's examples:
Shane's right on this one. Lotta bastards taking videos and pics out of context and putting their own spin on it (or flat out lying) to further whatever political affiliation they have.
I've seen a lot of clips in the last year that news articles have used to talk about the military that are directly from Arma 3. It's hilarious/terrifying how ignorant people can be.