Political So now what

Political discussions within

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
More Federal manipulation of the energy market...might be good for corn farmers.

Last Friday the Biden administration raised the mandatory amount of biofuel, specifically ethanol, that must be blended within the U.S. gasoline supply. The previous amount of 10% (summer blend) was raised to a year-round 15%

I guess that will also drive prices higher

Sweet more fuel line rotting in the older cars

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
More Federal manipulation of the energy market...might be good for corn farmers.

Last Friday the Biden administration raised the mandatory amount of biofuel, specifically ethanol, that must be blended within the U.S. gasoline supply. The previous amount of 10% (summer blend) was raised to a year-round 15%

I guess that will also drive prices higher
Pretty sure that isn't 100% accurate. The government can't mandate a year round 15% blend without major pushback from multiple groups. What was passed was the volume mandate that coincides with our current demand, but there is a provision that allows more 15% blends, but not a mandate. There are very few gas stations that can safely dispense E15, and I don't know of any in Utah. It mostly affects the Midwest states.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The senate came up with their gun control measures.

The Senate proposal includes:
  • Provides resources to states and tribes to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others, consistent with state and federal due process and constitutional protections.
  • National expansion of community behavioral health center model; major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs; and other support services available in the community, including crisis and trauma intervention and recovery.
  • Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders are included in NICS, including those who have or have had a continuing relationship of a romantic or intimate nature.
  • Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including: early identification and intervention programs and school based mental health and wrap-around services.
  • Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.
  • Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.
  • Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.
  • For buyers under 21 years of age, requires an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement.
  • Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.

I think this is a great step to say something is being done.. but in reality is just another way to spend money.
Cracking down on criminals should ALREADY be going on. Back ground checks including domestic violence abusers should ALREADY be going on.
The only real change here is that people under 21 will go though a deeper background check. The rest of the solutions are 'more spending on more programs'.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The senate came up with their gun control measures.

The Senate proposal includes:
  • Provides resources to states and tribes to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others, consistent with state and federal due process and constitutional protections.
  • National expansion of community behavioral health center model; major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs; and other support services available in the community, including crisis and trauma intervention and recovery.
  • Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders are included in NICS, including those who have or have had a continuing relationship of a romantic or intimate nature.
  • Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including: early identification and intervention programs and school based mental health and wrap-around services.
  • Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.
  • Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.
  • Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.
  • For buyers under 21 years of age, requires an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement.
  • Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.

I think this is a great step to say something is being done.. but in reality is just another way to spend money.
Cracking down on criminals should ALREADY be going on. Back ground checks including domestic violence abusers should ALREADY be going on.
The only real change here is that people under 21 will go though a deeper background check. The rest of the solutions are 'more spending on more programs'.
I have said for a while now, we need to be working on the attempted purchases by restricted people. My dad worked the gun counter at Sportsman's Warehouse. He said every single day someone tried to buy a gun and was denied due to failing a back ground check.
If you are a convicted felon holding a gun at the gun counter is a felony. I found a stat at some point for the number of NCIS failed background checks and if I recall it was 40k per year. Lets start there before we go removing law abiding citizens rights.
I also saw that May marked the 34th consecutive month for 1 million guns sold to private citizens. If you listen to Trever Noah, most people want gun control, it's just a small minority, like 34 million adults over 18, that are the hold outs. LOL. The media is a joke.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

My favorite is the total lack of prosecution for the majority of what happened during the "protests" I also love that a right wing extremist group gets arrested for planning a "riot" as reported by the media at an LGBTQOIUGF rally. Now I don't agree with the group, but anything right side gets snuffed out and arrests made prior to any crime being committed. But left extremists can, plan, implement and execute what the media describes as "protests" with zero ramifications with as stated billions in damages. Driving me bananas. I'm not left or right but I tend to favor most of the right policies and the insane amount of left policy and favoritism being pushed in this country right now is infuriating. Most of which IMO will be the fall of Rome.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have said for a while now, we need to be working on the attempted purchases by restricted people. My dad worked the gun counter at Sportsman's Warehouse. He said every single day someone tried to buy a gun and was denied due to failing a back ground check.
If you are a convicted felon holding a gun at the gun counter is a felony. I found a stat at some point for the number of NCIS failed background checks and if I recall it was 40k per year. Lets start there before we go removing law abiding citizens rights.

I agree. Enforcement of current law is a major factor in the crime.

02SE

My favorite is the total lack of prosecution for the majority of what happened during the "protests" I also love that a right wing extremist group gets arrested for planning a "riot" as reported by the media at an LGBTQOIUGF rally. Now I don't agree with the group, but anything right side gets snuffed out and arrests made prior to any crime being committed. But left extremists can, plan, implement and execute what the media describes as "protests" with zero ramifications with as stated billions in damages. Driving me bananas. I'm not left or right but I tend to favor most of the right policies and the insane amount of left policy and favoritism being pushed in this country right now is infuriating. Most of which IMO will be the fall of Rome.
You're preaching to the choir, brother.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
LGBTQ, Lets Get Beers, Tacos and Quesadilla's:rofl:

I'm sure just like the Gov Witmer kidnapping, this right wing, white supremist Riot was planned by 7 feds and one mildly autistic dude that they chose to be the pawn to push their agenda. Totally agree with TRD, if you are hitting a random walking dude in the head with a brick because you are "fighting for civil rights" that's totally fine. Shoot a dude running at you with a glock and you are a terrorist.

My piece of mind in the last year has come from the fact that the most left leaning ass hats who are screaming for x or y can't exist without people like me. The people who grow the food, fix the cars, build the buildings and keep the far left population alive are mostly in the middle. At some point, we will have had enough and we will end the tantrum that these children are throwing. Nancy Pelosi or any high level politician at the moment D or R couldn't jump start a car. They would literally starve to death in a month without the middle mass of the people. We have the power, it's only through our civility that they are allowed to exist.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Maybe diesel prices in California will come down next year when all the "old" diesels are no longer legal to operate.

Beginning Jan. 1, 2023, if you’re one of an estimated 76,000 owners who lives or operates in California with a pre-2010 emissions-spec engine, your ability to operate in the state will be in jeopardy.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Maybe diesel prices in California will come down next year when all the "old" diesels are no longer legal to operate.

Beginning Jan. 1, 2023, if you’re one of an estimated 76,000 owners who lives or operates in California with a pre-2010 emissions-spec engine, your ability to operate in the state will be in jeopardy.

I wonder how this will impact the supply chain?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I wonder how this will impact the supply chain?
It will make the inland port in SLC that much more important. It will send more rail into SLC and trucked out from here. Trucking companies will also setup transfer yards on the borders to move product to the stateline, then trade trailers with other trucks to continue the journey.

It will cost more, cause delays, and be generally painful until the markets figure it out. Some CA ports will get less traffic and Mexico and other ports with rail will see more throughput.

Tonkaman

Is this just for commercial trucks? Or does this include all diesel trucks?