Political So now what

Political discussions within

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Are you referring to when Trump claimed Obama tapped his phone between the election and when he was sworn in? Even his press secretaries walked that back in the next couple days saying it was reported by other news media. None of which was substantiated.

I suppose to answer your question an illegal wiretap would concern me. Whether it was on an individual or the president. I just don't believe that that happened.

To tap a phone takes work and documentation. The phone company won't just tap the number you want them to because you ask nicely or not nicely. They need paperwork and documents to cover themselves. Had this actually happened I'd have expected the details to come out during his 4 years in the big chair. As far as I can tell it never did.
I had better, more detailed sources but CNN will have to due until I find the stories. I assume you won't think CNN was playing along with a Pro Trump conspiracy here.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I don't personally read or listen to CNN but that article explicitly says that Paul Manafort was tapped per a warrant which was discontinued and a FISA warrant was issued sometime later.

It didn't say any of that was illegal or done without a warrant.

I wasn't searching for info on Paul Manafort though, I was searching for illegal wiretaps on an elected President.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Do you know what goes into a FISA warrant? The scrutiny they receive and the ongoing reporting that is required while they are up?

I stand behind my point that had anything nefarious happened with the procurement of those warranted wire taps trump would have made it very clear during his 4 years in the big chair.

Pike2350

You can't ask a question in a vacuum. That is why you aren't getting the answer you want.
What your asking is, why would a person cut their arm off? You are not acknowledging that the only choices are amputate your arm or your leg. You have to pick, it's not an open ended question and you can't bow out. You keep getting upset when people say they support him because X,Y or Z is worse as if their support is happening in a vacuum.

I'd say 90 percent of the people I know who support Trump don't like him, they just hate the establishment and career politicians more than they dislike the bad things he does and has done. So to answer your un-answerable question, I don't support him but I like when he upsets the establishment and I support any actions he takes that accomplishes that end. It's like hiring a morally bankrupt mercenary to kill bad people. It takes that type of person to do that type of work. A good person cannot do what is needed to break the establishment.
If you are actually being unbiased and paying attention you cannot deny the evidence that the establishment is doing everything they can to get Trump out of the way. The FBI committed treason before Trump even took office. That isn't a conspiracy, it's a verified fact. It's absurd to act like none of that is happening and get angry when people use that as a logical point to argue their support.
To be transparent, I didn't vote for Trump in either election. I have voted for the Libertarian candidate in every election I've voted in.
Not sure how the question is even close to how you think if it. You make it sound like if you can't support Trump you have NO other options. That it's so dire and such a horrible decision it's akin to having to chose which appendage to cut off.

How about thinking it as not having to cut off an arm or a leg :rolleyes: and think of it as food you eat. It doesn't give you problems now....but it could......at what point are the problems no longer worth eating the food? Is it you have to ahit your pants daily before you stop because you just LOVE that food? Is it if you get a little queasy? How about this. My wife found that a certain type of sugar (polyolyls or something) give her stomach issues. She watches when those are in the food....but she will decide when the food is worth eating and the alight discomfort is OK. However she has learned that too much of this on certain foods make them unediblefor her. What level of Polyoyls will you no longer deal with it? It's a question about how much discomfort you can take from him...since most seem to have some discomfort with him as a person.

I also have voted Libertarian in every election...except the last one. I regret not voting it again.
You obviously don't follow Politics. Joe Manchin and another Democrat refused to vote for Build back better and were actually threatened with physical violence and had their party affiliation called into question by the White House Press Secretary. It happens on both sides, your bias and mine just help us forget.

I do recall this and feel it is slightly different. They didn't vote for a certain spending bill, not talking against an individual. I know it still happens on the left some...but not near the extent as t
It does against Trump. He will turn on anyone on a dime if they go against his wishes....and his followers will go along with his stance on an individual.
Are you saying it is not important to back a candidate you believe in when the rest of the party might not reflect the same ideals as the candidate you support? Just because they are R or D doesn't mean I need to back the whole party. I like Mike Lee and don't care for Mitt Romney I liked Tulsi Gabbard don't care for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Im not going to back a whole party just because of few people I think have a good direction in that party.
Not at all. I said that in response to the comparison of "Flip it to the democrats" democrats will support the party and lesser liked candidates if that's what they get....where as I feel the Trump supporters would almost rather die (or cut off their arm or leg 😃) then support the other Republican candidates if Trump loses.....which of course would be a rigged election a d all ;)

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That's a cute story.

Kudos to the IRS for catching the embezzlement so quick. After a year. Typically that kind of thing takes years to catch. I'm surprised they didn't look at the jail or prison because any embezzlement that would be caught that quick would have to be for HUGE amounts of money which would certainly trigger legal repurcussions and time behind bars.

I totally believe legaljen though and her anecdot.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
When you are a signatory for a business debt, like a debt to the irs for example, they don't have to come at you equally. They'll go after whoever has the easiest money to get to. You could be a 10% partner and they'll come for 100% of the money if the other partners don't pay.

This guy's dad may not have committed the crime, but he's guilty of partnering with the wrong person and not monitoring his businesses finances. That situation is sad, but he's accountable.

There is a saying in business that goes "there are two types of business people, those who understand their financials and those that are controlled by those who understand their financials"

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Well sign on up, 87,000 openings.
View attachment 151424
That's for a law enforcement position. Training for all federal LEOs except FBI is at FLETC in Glenco GA.

The 50 hours a week is the same for FBI agents. They work 50 hours and get paid for 50 hours. It's called availability pay. If you are LEO, any LEO you can be called in at any time. It doesn't regularly happen but can on occasion.

For the IRS and at least FBI as well you have to be certified (out of the academy) before your 37th birthday. There are also mandatory retirement ages for special agents.