So the Falcons have landed...

DAA

This finally happened yesterday:

Falcon%20Shocks-2W.jpg

Falcon%20Shocks-9W.jpg

Falcon%20Shocks-18W.jpg

Falcon%20Shocks-21W.jpg

Can't say too much yet, just installed them last night. Did go hit a few miles of rough dirt road at speed. And caught a tiny bit of air off some railroad tracks a couple of times. And of course hit every pothole and rough spot in the road I could find. And all that with no top on the Jeep and no gear loaded. Initial impression though, I am very impressed! Very.

Have a trip in two weeks, over 300 miles of dirt in two days, fully loaded including extra fuel up on the dead coyote rack. Will have a lot more to say after that, I am sure. I'm not working today, think I might bomb up to the B, maybe run Ward canyon real quick just for grins. So far, so freaking good though!

Many thanks to Davy for making this happen! I would have bailed and said screw it, just never mind, a couple different times, trying to deal with Teraflex - they are just horrible to try and deal with from the perspective or a prospective customer. Won't answer email, won't even answer the phone (I called six times on Wed, they never bothered to pick up the phone once), never (ever) called back when leaving messages. I hate that kind of stuff and honestly would NOT have kept trying if Davy had not got me through the rough spots with them, you Sir, are The Man!

- DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm glad to hear you got them in time, Dave! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think after you get some miles on them, especially off road. I am very impressed with mine as you well know, but experiencing them for yourself makes all the difference.

I don't know what to say about the customer service and not answering the calls, they have several guys doing just that and a few of them are even members on here. Not to make excuses, but Teraflex is no longer a small local company. They have gone internatonal and have dealers all over the world with a huge amount of customer and dealer support calls coming in. I'm sure they take 100's of calls per day.

DAA

I'm hearing that my experience is not unusual. Whatever they are doing is obviously working very well for them though. I just think they are selling product faster than they can produce it and couldn't give a crap less about a single guy making a single order or trying to come pick up his shocks and aren't bothering to pretend like it matters.

I have them now though. I and am pretty sure I'll be very pleased with them. So happy ending :).

- DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I am glad you are liking them so far! I can’t wait to hear the report from you 300 miles of dirt.

You know shocks are good when you actually look forward to driving long distances on dirt.

Omgbecki

I'm very interested in hearing about your trip. I love the idea of getting my jeep to drive hundreds of miles on dirt roads but as it sits there are days I don't even want to drive it to the store. And that's just sad. I've gotten old and want comfort now.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Glad you like them! I look forward to your long-term review after a few weeks, a few months and longer.

as far as our Customer Service Department not answering calls or emails, I apologize that we didn't get back to you. That's not how we deal with things here at Teraflex; we know that the customer buying a t-shirt or tire deflater is just as important to us as our top tier dealers. Hopefully you, and others, will be willing to still come to us in the future for Premium Jeep Suspension and Accessories.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I'm very interested in hearing about your trip. I love the idea of getting my jeep to drive hundreds of miles on dirt roads but as it sits there are days I don't even want to drive it to the store. And that's just sad. I've gotten old and want comfort now.
I hear ya... my LJ sits in the driveway or garage while I drive my old 91 F250 4x4. that tank drives better then my jeep.

I really would like to compare vehicles and see if the shocks would help my LJ as much as it sounds like they did for you.

DAA

I think your LJ, if I'm remember right, has way too much lift to use these shocks. They only come in one size. Which is "just right" for my 3" lift and highline fenders.

But, end of the day, it's an LJ. Mine rides really good. "For a lifted LJ". But, it's still a lifted LJ and riding good for what it is, is not riding like something it ain't.

The new shocks really are very noticeably better in a lot of situations though. Bombing a lot of dirt on a recent ghost town trip, I had to recalibrate my eye for the "oh crap-brake hard" reaction. See stuff coming, used to jumping on the brake as hard as I can to slow for it. Can hit bigger stuff faster with no drama now. Found myself not braking at all for stuff I had previously tried to push the brake through the floor for. Third order bounce pretty much completely eliminated, second bounce greatly minimized, they really want to plant the tires and it's really noticeable.

- DAA