So where are you going this summer?

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
What trips do you have planed this year?

This is our "wishlist" for the year:

Expedition:
St. George to Moab and back on "all" dirt roads routed through: Coral Pink, Cotton Wood canyon to kodachrome basin to powell along the henry mts over at hite to hotel rock, up through canyonlands around the white rim, through green river to crystal geyser, down to goblin valley/little wildhorse canyon, over the swell, down through the waterpocket fold area, across through bryce canyon, and back home over cedar mtn.
4 Corners area and back.
Central Ut mnts and back.

Rockcrawling:
The Rubicon and surrounding trails.
Johnson Valley.

DAA

That St. George to Moab trip sounds great.

Over the next five weeks, I'm doing trips to Jarbidge, The Maze and The Swell. Nothing really planned yet after that, but once the high country opens up I'll be taking advantage.

- DAA

Paul R

I will be in Uganda for the summer... Not really for wheeling, but I hear there is no tarmac where we will be ;)

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Upcoming trips

Spent 2 weeks in Moab at EJS and after. Next weekend, drive to Idaho Falls to check out a sweet Sami buggy - hopefully buy it. Jarbidge, NV June 14 - 20 with the Power Wagon. Try to make some truck and tractor pulls on available days - again with the Power Wagon.

"Over the next five weeks, I'm doing trips to Jarbidge."
DAA - if you're in Jarbidge while we are there, I would be very pleased to meet up with you. Our trail rides aren't limited to only old PW's.

DAA

RustE, as of now, I'll be there the first week of June. But, the trip has already been rescheduled once and could easily end up rescheduled again before all is said and done. If it works out that I'll be there the same time as you, I'll defnitely make sure we get to meet up!

- DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
So far, a lot of small adventures planned in utah. moab, the swell, canyonlands (lavender canyon), flaming gorge, west dessert, etc.
biggish ones are
wyoming to stay in an underground bunker.
montana to see glacier again
washington to camp with some friends
Mt rainier maybe got permits but we'll see if the rest of the group can be counted on.
washington, oregon, california coast at my own pace.
hopefully the relic run.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
What trips do you have planed this year?

This is our "wishlist" for the year:

Expedition:
St. George to Moab and back on "all" dirt roads routed through: Coral Pink, Cotton Wood canyon to kodachrome basin to powell along the henry mts over at hite to hotel rock, up through canyonlands around the white rim, through green river to crystal geyser, down to goblin valley/little wildhorse canyon, over the swell, down through the waterpocket fold area, across through bryce canyon, and back home over cedar mtn.
4 Corners area and back.
Central Ut mnts and back.

Check out the Utah Traverse that some of the ExpeditionUtah members did this last year, very similar route that had them on dirt from border to border :cool:

Utah Traverse 2009

Doing all that in one 'swoop' would be pretty epic but unless you had 3-4 weeks to explore everything, you would really just be skipping all the roadside oddities. Even at a really high clip pace that would be a 10 day journey :cool:

My year is filling up fast.

RelicRun, Henry's, Outlaw Run into Montana, N-S Utah Traverse, HITR and some lingering AFC projects as well as club runs and such.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
cedar city next week

Idaho state 4x4 rally in yellowpine ID in June

3-4 camping/wheeling trips. ennis MT among them.
Moab in OCT
Hammers in Feb.

Swoop69

Planning a trip to Colorado in July for the Jeepster 40th Anniversary Event. Meeting in Silverton near Durango. Some scenic drives, probably wont do any tough trails.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
washington to camp with some friends
Mt rainier maybe got permits but we'll see if the rest of the group can be counted on.
washington, oregon, california coast at my own pace.

I love that section of the coast. We can see spending many many years in the great northwest in our future, between BC and northern Cali I would guess.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Your Utah tour sounds awesome. How long are you figuring it'll take? Any rough idea on mileage?

We wish we had 2 weeks but 10 days is probably as long as we should be away for our business'. We are still "refining" our list of stops and exact routing to get the best trip at a leisurely pace, we are now considering some highway miles to get to Moab around the time off the RME BBQ then taking the 10 days to get home... Milage...who knows, Im guessing but im assuming it will be around 800-1000 miles total or so.

Check out the Utah Traverse that some of the ExpeditionUtah members did this last year, very similar route that had them on dirt from border to border :cool:

Doing all that in one 'swoop' would be pretty epic but unless you had 3-4 weeks to explore everything, you would really just be skipping all the roadside oddities. Even at a really high clip pace that would be a 10 day journey :cool:

Thanks for the link Kurt, that really has us excited to go, that looked/sounded like an epic trip! Any personal favorite places to stop? I know you have spent some time down that way:D , Ironicly I grew up down here but have never really "explored" my own backyard, so we are always up for suggestions of places to go or things to see.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I love that section of the coast. We can see spending many many years in the great northwest in our future, between BC and northern Cali I would guess.

If you have any ideas of places to camp or see let me know we are up for suggestions.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...Thanks for the link Kurt, that really has us excited to go, that looked/sounded like an epic trip! Any personal favorite places to stop? I know you have spent some time down that way:D , Ironicly I grew up down here but have never really "explored" my own backyard, so we are always up for suggestions of places to go or things to see.

Hit me up once you get a finalized route in mind and I'm sure I can suggest some stops along the way. I've done pretty much all of that trip... just spread out over 10 trips instead of one :D