Sockets

MattL

So in the continuing talk about tools, I am wondering how people store their sockets. I have used the cut out foam, but problem is when I go some where with my tools i have to pull them out and put them in a bag. This is not really organised and easy to get to.

I have also used the cheap socket rails. I didnt really like them too.

I have attached some images of some i have seen. Who uses what and are you happy with the out come. If you use something else.. Pleaase share

Attachments

• boosocketclips.jpg
    boosocketclips.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 75
  • B0006BI0JG.01-AJSJJFFZAOHU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B0006BI0JG.01-AJSJJFFZAOHU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 79
  • B0006BK1KW.01-AJSJJFFZAOHU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B0006BK1KW.01-AJSJJFFZAOHU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 75
  • B0006BK1UM.01-AJSJJFFZAOHU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B0006BK1UM.01-AJSJJFFZAOHU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 79
  • B00063UVMI.01-A196T4CKS9QKXT._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00063UVMI.01-A196T4CKS9QKXT._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 4

muleskinner

I use the holders in the bottom pic. They work swell, but they do break if you drop them. Nice because you can throw them in your tool box if you need to.

MattL

muleskinner said:
I use the holders in the bottom pic. They work swell, but they do break if you drop them. Nice because you can throw them in your tool box if you need to.

which holders in the bottom row..

MattL

ok.. there is 2 rows for me.

ok. That is the one I was thinking of triing next actually.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
attachment.php

These are my favorite if portabitity is not an issue. Easy to find the size you want.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I use last ones pictured (the magnetic ones)....

I have four of them

1 for 3/8" metric, long and short
1 for 1/4" metric long & short
1 for 1/4" SAE long and short
1 for non-impact 1/2" sockets metric & SAE

My sets of impacts sockets have their own plastic cases. I also have a BIG socket set 1"- 3.25" and it is in its own case :D
1 for

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
rrefx said:
I have this socket set, has just about all I need, and can be quick and portable when I need it to be. I've been pretty pleased. Then I just fit my specialty peices, snap on wobbly extensions, flexible handle ratchet, standerd wobblies, etc. it the bottom wrench drawer.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...OL&pid=00933354000&subcat=Mechanics+Tool+Sets

I use this one also, i love it. I just take the drawers out and put them in my roll around, which is perfect to keep them organized in the garage and then when I'm on the go take them out put them back in the plastic box it came with and throw a few more tools in the bottom drawer. I recommend it, you can buy it with or without tools also. I have the magnetic ones, they sit in the "tools to keep but probably never use" box.

Medsker