Sod and install wanted.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Premium Member
Looking for someone to supply and install <2000 ft[SUP]2[/SUP] of sod at my home in West Jordan. I believe it to be closer to 1600 ft[SUP]2[/SUP] but I'm not certain. Prep is 90% done (thanks to Chance) including topsoil, I'll just need to run a rake over it prior to laying it down.

I understand that most places either have 2k ft[SUP]2[/SUP] minimums, or charge more per ft[SUP]2[/SUP] for orders less than 2k, so I'm prepared to deal with that.

If I can't find installed prices that I can work with, I'll just end up buying the sod and laying it myself (with help I hope!;))

Online retailers I have seen it as low as $0.33/ft[SUP]2[/SUP], but I don't think that place offered install. Most were ~$0.50/ft[SUP]2[/SUP] installed. I did see an ad on the Facebook that had it for $0.29/ft[SUP]2[/SUP] and $0.41/[SUP]2[/SUP] installed. I have not contacted the FB seller.

Any RME'ers lay sod?

On a side note, what do you call people that lay sod for a living? Davy should know - he's the king of random knowledge. I have a feeling there are some titles that get tossed around that aren't appreciated by all.:rofl:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
2,000 sf is nothing. I laid that in about 1.5 hours. Biograss in sandy (state and 10000 s) has the best sod I have found, but costs a little more.

Sod is as easy as mowing a lawn. Have a party with Mtn dew and pizza, I’ll show up.

cjncustoms

X2 for biograss. I just picked up 1200 sq/ft @ .29sq/ft 2 weeks ago for our house. Laid it with myself and 2 others in about an hour. Super easy and fast with a couple hands.

Caleb

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Vendor
It goes very quickly laying it yourself with a few buddies. I used Biograss for a ~1000sqft section I had to add two years ago and felt the product was garbage (especially as mentioned, it does cost a little more) :). Lots of holes, and grubs in my grass. It has grown in just fine though.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Premium Member
Thank you very much for all of the advice. Sod will be here Thursday! Anybody who would like to come over and help is more than welcome, and I am happy to supply pizza and soda. I'm not quite sure yet what time of day the sod will be here, but I am off of work all day, so I plan on starting as soon as it shows up. I'll update this thread when I know a time.

To answer your question Nate, yes, I am against seeding because I don't even want to try and keep my dog off of it for months, and I don't want to deal with mud through the winter again.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Premium Member
You guys are way too nice to me! The sod will be here by noon tomorrow (Thursday) and I'll probably start then. I can't imagine it'll take too long, but there is a chance I'll get sidetracked too... Anybody that's wanting to come over give me a call beforehand so you don't have to show up to an already finished job.

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
You guys are way too nice to me! The sod will be here by noon tomorrow (Thursday) and I'll probably start then. I can't imagine it'll take too long, but there is a chance I'll get sidetracked too... Anybody that's wanting to come over give me a call beforehand so you don't have to show up to an already finished job.

Sucks I can't get out there, even though I'm already dipping into OT at 9 am on Thursday. I'm excited to see the results, though!