Some pictures blocked at work

Corban_White

So I can't see some of the pictures on my computer at work. It's pretty much all the pictures from @Greg and @DAA. Some times I can see DAA's pictures, but never Greg's. I know it's not RME's issue, but I am just curious what is different about the pictures from those users that is causing them to be blocked at work?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So I can't see some of the pictures on my computer at work. It's pretty much all the pictures from @Greg and @DAA. Some times I can see DAA's pictures, but never Greg's. I know it's not RME's issue, but I am just curious what is different about the pictures from those users that is causing them to be blocked at work?

Most of my pics are hosted on SmugMug, some businesses block social media sites and SmugMug is considered a social media site, for some dumb reason.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
My work blocks all of DAA's pics, but I can see all of Greg's just fine. Makes no sense to me, because FB, IG, and all the social media crap sites aren't blocked, but Dave's photo hosting site is.:rolleyes:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I just checked and it looks like some of DAA's photos are hosted at: https://imageevent.com so your work might also be blocking that site.

RME (xenforo software) does have a image proxy function to help with this kind of thing, but last time I turned it on it kinda didn't work so awesome... but that was a couple years ago, maybe it has improved...?

Reactions: DAA

Corban_White

Yep, I just checked and both imageevent and SmugMug are blocked. So you guys are not uploading the images to RME, but just linking them like we used to do with photobucket?

Reactions: DAA

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Yep, I just checked and both imageevent and SmugMug are blocked. So you guys are not uploading the images to RME, but just linking them like we used to do with photobucket?
That's exactly what they're doing. Both of them tend to post higher res stuff with file sizes larger than Greg wants to host here on RME, so they host them offline and then link to the files.