some UROC results...

Ryan

This should all be up at UROC4x4.com soon, but just to hold you over, I'll go ahead post what I can remember.

EVENT RESULTS

Legend

1 Garrett Sisson
2 Dean Bullock
3 Jeff Rector
4 Braden Kemp
5 Tyler Wolford
6 Chris Holley (us)
12 Dave Laws
13 Von Werrett

Unlimited

1 John Gilleland
2 Scott Gadsen
3 Curt Hildebrand
4 Jeff Price

SERIES RESULTS

Legend

1 Dean Bullock
2 Jeff rector
5 Von Werrett

Unlimited

1 Curt Hildebrand
2 Brandon Gillen
3 Tom Leblanc (Captain America)

Hmmm. I thought I could remember more than that. Oh well.

It was a great event. The wind sucked. It kicked up both days about 3:00 and pelted everybody with sand all afternoon. It kinda sucked because between Chris' helmet and the wind, he couldn't hear a word I said and we nailed at least two cones that could have easily been avoided. Time to invest in some headsets I guess, LOL.

Anyway...

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
6th!?! Thats awsome! How did the new suspension work under Competition use? And I guess the frontend worked perfectly? Gotta love the CTM's and alloy shafts! ;)

Ryan

The vehicle worked VERY well. The hop has been almost completely eliminated. I was surprised how well the vehicle stuck when he was on the gas, and there was quite a bit of 'on the gas'. I'm sure the Warns and CTM's saved us some breakage. The only breakage we had was on #10, the fan went into the radiator and took out 8 or 9 rows. Captain America saved us with some JB Kwik, and the BFG boys saved us with a secret recipe radiator stop leak. We ended up using a total of 5 minutes breakdown time all weekend, and that was to let the cold weld cure. His vehicle definitely holds up better than mine(we broke mine on every obstacle the first day in Cedar). We'll enter as a team for next year as well, but I see no reason to run my vehicle as long as his is holding up as well as it is. Kinda sucks that I don't get to drive as much, but with his vehicle and my weight(ahem), it seems to work out better for him to drive.

The one thing that definitely cost us on a few obstacles was not having front drive only. That's already on the list for the Supercrawl. Headsets would help immensely. I think I yell louder than any other spotter. I yell 'TIME' and the judge 3 courses over calls it out, LOL. Our width hurt us in one or two places, but wasn't too big of a concern.

Overall it was a good weekend, but next time I'm bringing my own chair and shade.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Just for if you want to add it to your results, Vonski and I placed 5th for the season in Legends.

You know, it's amazing how quickly your point total goes up when you spend time on your side. :D

Ryan

Originally posted by I Lean
You know, it's amazing how quickly your point total goes up when you spend time on your side. :D

Yeah, or how quickly your season total goes down if you miss an event, LOL. We missed St. George, and I think we ended up 15th or so for the season. We'll be back with a vengeance next season though:cool:

So am I the only one that thinks they should publicize the money up for grabs a little more? In Cedar they at least announced how much each place won, at this event they didn't even say a word about it. I know the winnings were higher than I thought they would be in Cedar. Maybe if they focused on the purse a bit more they'd get more people to enter. It would be motivating to know exactly how much money you could win. I'd also be all for a gradual payout for places 1-10, or something to that effect(but of course I would:D). Maybe as the money gets bigger we'll see more emphasis on it.

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Here's Vonski's truck. You might be able to find some better pics in this directory: http://www.yankeetoys.org/black900rr/ilean/UROC_2002/Vernal

Vernal02-055.JPG

88 Runner SAS

Saving Money For Parts
That looks awesome. How do I find out when these competitions are going on? So I can come see the action and see if I'd like to get into it in the future.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
You can find out the UROC schedule on the UROC website at: www.uroc4x4.com. The next UROC event is the World Championship SuperCrawl in Farmington, New Mexico October 9 to 12. I think the next RCAA event is the third weekend in September in Johnson Valley, California.