Something Different

My coworker at MR 4x4 had problems with his electric shift, it wasn't a big deal though, just the actuator needed replaced. I didn't mean they weren't good or anything like that though, I'm sure they work great. I agree, they certainly do flex better than any A arm IFS. I'd like to see more of them on the trails. I remember seeing one driving around Salt Lake with a solid front axle and 35's or something like that.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
my main beef with the electric shift is no t-case neutral!!! I hated that!! you can't tow it if you can't get it into true neutral!! The buttons were hokey and made cute click-whirr noises when you actuated them.

Pike2350

Why not an Isuzu? (putting on flame suit) They have many advantages...and there are many people out there that are innovating better, more capable products.

The IFS is the weakest point, but that is the case with almost any IFS. However, stock with a D44 rear and option of ARB lockers for both F/R, Tera low gears in Xcase, solid box frame. Many benefits.

Okay, let the flaming begin

Steve

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
just do a body swap onto a decent frame. You can get a 3/4 ton chebby for under 1k and swap out and spend $ on a dual case kit and springs. Look up the project rock brat.... It'll happen eventually. Brat body on toy frame.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Originally posted by Pike2350
Why not an Isuzu? (putting on flame suit) They have many advantages...and there are many people out there that are innovating better, more capable products.

The IFS is the weakest point, but that is the case with almost any IFS. However, stock with a D44 rear and option of ARB lockers for both F/R, Tera low gears in Xcase, solid box frame. Many benefits.

Okay, let the flaming begin

Steve

Not to mention Dana 60 pinion on that rear dana 44 diff.