DAA

Somewhere, this weekend.

20200501_Camping-15.jpg

20200501_Camping-30.jpg

20200501_Camping-28.jpg

20200501_Camping-29.jpg

Carne asada tacos, yummm….

20200501_Camping-31.jpg

Awoke next morning to the sound of sage grouse lekking. Eight of them puffing and thumping and strutting around about a hundred yards from the tent. All I had was my point and shoot camera. Tried sneaking closer, but most of them boogied, got a couple snaps from way too far away for my little camera still. Pretty cool, don't get to see that very often anymore.

20200501_Camping-5.jpg

F-150'in it. Stuff happens...

20200501_Camping-8.jpg

20200501_Camping-1.jpg

20200501_Camping-11.jpg

20200501_Camping-9.jpg

20200501_Camping-2.jpg

20200501_Camping-3.jpg

20200501_Camping-16.jpg

Ribeyes. Yum...

20200501_Camping-19.jpg

20200501_Camping-20.jpg

Twenties are the schnizz...

20200501_Camping-21.jpg

Swollen nuts. Stupid chrome cap nuts. Made changing a tire waaaaaay more PITA than it should have been.

20200501_Camping-22.jpg

20200501_Camping-23.jpg

20200501_Camping-24.jpg

Too much fun! I needed that.

- DAA

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Ancient Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.
Yes, the chrome covers over the lug nut are just F-ing stupid. Replaced mine with the splined ones from discount tire.
Gotta love the "F yeah" when the tires finally grabbed. (and the spontaneous unload :) )

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing, I've done the hi lift winch thing a couple times. It sucks but was glad it was an option.

I also feel like I need one of those lodge grills in my life.

Reactions: DAA

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I love in the video how he hops out of the truck as soon as it is unstuck and hauls back to the bog like he's gonna whoop it's ass. Or pick up whatever fell out, but I like thinking he's gonna whoop it's ass.

Also, I thought EgoBoosts couldn't get stuck?!?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
No one eats better than Dave on a camp out, but it did remind me of scout camp out a LONG ago when we were supposed to bring our own dinners. A few kids pulled out cans of beans to put on the fire. I threw down a ribeye. I almost felt bad eating it in front of them.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I am interested in the cross in the first picture. That can't be an actual grave marker, as no law in 2006 would allow a body there.
I guess it could be a marker for scattered ashes?
I can't get the name due to the hat.. is there a story behind the site? or a name I could research?

DAA

It's not a grave, but a memorial. For Sam Jensen.

That cross must be stainless. It looks as good today as it did the first time I saw it.

He had a camp in that spot, lived there every summer, mining gold. I stopped and talked to him a couple times way back in the day.

20200501_Camping-25.jpg

If you ever get there and look in the collection jar, you'll probably be able to guess the items I've left in it each time I go by.

20200501_Camping-27.jpg

- DAA

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What a neat story. Any idea if it is family or friends than maintain it? That original sign seems to be from a good friend, not family.

DAA

I suspect it is both family and friends. There are notes from family in the collection jar. But heck, even I'll pick up any litter I see if I stop.

- DAA